Fine tuning

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livingnote

Okay, just a little more there on the left...yeah...decidedly. That's better. The
strings just need it, they shine that way...then again, might be a little too much...
ok, back a bit but juuust half...hm, better, but now they kinda retreat...ok a bit
more, yeah, all the way to 7, it's ok to be daring, even if it's kinda lopsided now
but the sound is just...

oh wait a minute...

That sucker's bypassed!

Who amongst us has never "heard" a slight improvement and then noticed that the graphic EQ (or whatever) was in bypass?

-I know that I have.

...which is why I don't ever trust anyone who knows that something has been changed to tell me if something has made an improvement.

-If they notice WITHOUT being told... then that's really something!

Keith

Haha yeah!
during bed tracks yesterday this must have happenned about a half a dozen times ;D
"can you give me a little more of "****" in the heaphones? Yeah that's great, thanks!"
And I hadn't touched a thing ;)
Freddy

When a clarinetist in a major orchestra was asked by the conductor to play the passage on B flat clarinet instead of the A clarinet, the player was in a bit of a dilemma, as he had not brought that instrument.  But he made some motions as if to swap instruments, and simply changed his embouchure and breath a bit, and played the passage over, eliciting smiles of satisfaction from the conductor.  Of course he showed off how well he could transpose at sight too!  ;D

The nastiest trick was when I was tasting wines with another guest at an ex-friend's house years ago.  Of course it wasn't a formal wine tasting where you try to preserve objectivity by not actually consuming much of anything, and methodically clear the palate between selections.  Ideally the identities of the wines tasted are at least initially hidden.

The host disappeared and came back with two bottles each about half-full, which should have been a giveaway on the face of it.  Of course they were the same wine.  And it was not particularly good wine at that.

He let us gas on for a while about the similarities and subtle differences, until revealing the trick.

Back