Flat Cable Wire Stripper

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlgoRhythms

GDIY Supporter
I recently purchased 100 meters of WireWorld Oasis 8 interconnect cable. It has 4 flat conductors( see picture below)
I'm trying to find a good stripper tool so I can start using it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Michael MacDonald
AlgoRhythms Mastering

Attachments

• IMG_5059 2.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I recently purchased 100 meters of WireWorld Oasis 8 interconnect cable. It has 4 flat conductors.
I'm trying to find a good stripper tool so I can start using it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
AlgoRhythms Mastering
Use RJ11/45 Tools and connectors.

I'm afraid it's sharp knife and great care time . . .

I doubt there are any commercial strippers for something like this:

Attachments

• WW O8.png
    WW O8.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
For ever what reason, I didn't originally see the photo in post #1.

That is a very weird configuration. Some replies suggested tooling for telco RJ11 connectors.

However, the Olde School "silver satin" cable (used to go from the RJ11 wall jack to the phone set) was exactly the converse. The overall outer jacket was flat and contained four round insulated and (almost always) stranded conductors that laid side by side beneath the outer sheath.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but in the photo in post#1 I only see three insulated conductors along with a bare shield conductor.

That is oddball cable for sure.

Bri

That is a very weird configuration. Some replies suggested tooling for telco RJ11 connectors.

However, the Olde School "silver satin" cable (used to go from the RJ11 wall jack to the phone set) was exactly the converse. The overall outer jacket was flat and contained four round insulated and (almost always) stranded conductors that laid side by side beneath the outer sheath.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but in the photo in post#1 I only see three insulated conductors along with a bare shield conductor.

Bri
Post #9 shows the actual inner construction.

I accidentally found this via a DuckDuckGo search and I THINK it's posted by "WireWorld":

Shrug.....should be a similar process to set it up for XLR terminations.

Bri

PS, in that video, I saw mention of "arrows on the cable". Guess it's another example of
"the audio must flow in THIS direction" voodoo.

Last edited:
The tool in the video VAGUELY reminds me of the Paladin wire strippers I've had over the years. They are "agnostic" and magically strip any oddball conductors.

To Michael, the OP in this thread, maybe ask the folks at WireWorld for a make and model of the tool used in their video? <g>

Bri

Bri
There are 4 flat conductors inside the round jacket. One of the flat black wires I attempted to strip by hand but I did a poor job. Sorry for the misleading photo.

He removes the outer shell with what seems a pro UTP stripper, and then resorts to the venerable 2$ wire stripper to do the wires inside...

LOL. I mean, who are they fooling with their complicated looking black magic mojo?

Also, there seems to be very little copper in this cable. I would never use that as a speaker cable.

At 55 secs, the video shows what looks like a semiconductive sheath on the inside of the blue jacket, but no way to connect this to ground.
Is this cable shielded or not?

Back