Getting rid of wall-warts; DIN-rail supplies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fragletrollet

GDIY Supporter
Looking at products like Strymon Zuma or Eventide Powermax, and being fed up with low quality wallwart style socket stealers that every pedal, controller and other studio-gizmo's released these days come with, I am curious to certain products like DIN-rail power-supplies. It's easy to mount a din-rail in each rack, and have small DIN-mountable supplies for each rail (presuming that is better than a big supply that's split between devices).

Anybody have experience and know of quality products? I've read the Strymon blurb on why (they believe) their Zuma is so great. I have lots of Strymon pedals, and do not exactly love the supplies that comes with them by default (but they are silent and cool, no whine etc that I've experienced with other no-name supplies.

Those DIN supplies are generally quite cheap, so if one just needs to add mounting one could get quite the flexible psu with many rails for the price of something like those retail ones.

Back