Going rate for original Dale M7?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloff70

GDIY Supporter
Hi chaps,

Not sure this is the place, but it sure holds the people with an answer to this question....

I have a Dale Ulan M7 capsule in great nick, which is sort of not getting much use since I flipped a Neumann into my G7 and am considering selling it. What is a fair price to ask would you say?

Cheers.

Nor sure what they sell for could search the white market here .........So you prefer the Neumann sound then is that a K47.... thanks.

lol.....I am not thinking price wise, hence this thread. All the sold ones in the Black Market lose their price after selling so can't tell......I was mainly thinking someone should make use of it, as I am not. But I don'y fancy giving it away, not putting it up for an accidentally daftly high price, so thought I'd ask to see what they go for.

I have a K67/870 in there at the minute. Might put a K47 in next.

A

Cool isnt the K870/67 alittle bright in the G7.......Im thinking of either buying a Neuman K870/67 Or Neuman K47 or maybe a Theirsch M7, thanks for your thoughts

It is indeed. Been playing around with some measures to tame that as other than the brightness it does sound very good, but might just go to a K47 and be done with it.

If you are in doubt I would say go K47, but then this is all very personal and a Thiersch M7 surely would sound amazing too. Thinking I might build a U87 with the K67/870 instead.

karloff70 said:
It is indeed. Been playing around with some measures to tame that as other than the brightness it does sound very good, but might just go to a K47 and be done with it.

If you are in doubt I would say go K47, but then this is all very personal and a Thiersch M7 surely would sound amazing too. Thinking I might build a U87 with the K67/870 instead.

I have been experimenting with U87 circuit right now using a Tim Cambell C12 type capsule it does sound good Im comparing to same capsule in a Elam250 circuit I have a switch to switch on off the De emphasis on the 87 Im amazed that I can make the U87 sound like the Elam250 also messing with a U47 ish circuit its amzing how close the circuits sound it really is down to the sound of the capsule......

Re the K870 brightness the original Elam250 circuit uses a 100p cap from plate to ground to tame the highs a little you could try that I have a swich in my Elam 100p & 600p to tame highs even more if I wish ....... also a cap between grid & plate can tame highs as well about 10pf I believe like in a M49 mic...... Paper in oil cap on the output seems to a slightly less harsh (not the right word) sound too.

Funny you should say.  8) I have had a big square old german 4uf PIO on the output for ages and just tried 100 -500p plate to ground the other day. Not that much difference though. Have to try a handful of small caps between 3-10pf plate to grid too, already have the caps here.

The G7 isn't exactly standard, also has a PF86 with a voltage dial on the psu (so it can take EF or PF) and a Sowter 3678 tranny plus some resistor changes.

Excellent  :) I think maybe the plate to ground & Plate to grid caps wouldnt be enought to remove the peaks of the K870 sadly I dont have that capsule (yet) otherwise I would try allsorts.... was thinking the other day could add the U87 de emphasiss circuit to any flat amp mic like U47 G7 Elam C12 whatever.... asI say I would try some things if I had that capsule, I did order a very cheap K67 to experiment with, it sounds fairly flat to my ears not really sadly in a way sounds good for the money but just doesnt cut it compared to my other capsules hence the need for the real deal. Im getting fussy now wasted too much money on so called clones live n learn

Yeah, I don't have any idea what they're, or a lot of items here are worth. I usually don't throw offers out, for fear of low balling people also. I usually just wait for something that is posted with a price that seems reasonable and grab it.
Cheers

When it comes to kits or parts by another member, the usual policy around here, is to ask no more than the original price. I just looked up what I paid for the last couple of M7s I bought from Dale: 150 Canadian Dollars was the price in 2009.

I still have a few, so I'm not making an offer.

Back