Gyraf G9 and Guitar

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barthman.de

I posted about the building of the Gyraf G9 preamp (Lundahl transformers)  in 2012 here: http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48522.0

After recording some guitar tracks I had a little time. So I though it could be interesting to add a sound example for those people who want to build it too.

I recorded a Vicente Sanchis Guitar (Nylon/Fingerpicking) with one Neumann KM184 (close at the 12. fret) through the G9 (without build in low cut), through a Urei 1178 (Attack full ccw, middle Release, 4:1, 2-3 dB GR) into my Metric Halo I/0.
In Logic Pro I set a low cut at 120 Hz and took out two resonances at 220Hz and 440 Hz with high Q. No other EQing. At the end I put a 3s Concert Hall from my PCM70 on it.

(MP3 only  :'(): Soundfile

Hi Sebastian,
very nice soundsample. As I said in your built thread I really admire your own pcb design of the G9. Your read frontpanel is just amazing. I had a closer look at your website. Very interesting stuff to read. Well done!
regards
Bernd

Latest posts

Back