Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the product page I show the cutout info in the dimensional .pdf.

Check that against what you have.

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=61

Mike

Attenuators will be back up on the site tonight.

I think the full size 1166's might be up there as well  :eek:

Mike

Introducing the EA-1166!

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=63

Thanks to Ed for all the hard work.  This is an introductory price on the first batch.

Attenuators are also in stock.

Mike

Yer killin' me. I just ordered 4 of the mini 1166's. Now the full-sized 1166's are available. Ah well. No biggee. I'll just have to order a few of those too. DW.

Thanks guys!

The next transformers should be the "N" 10468 input.  No promises on time frame but they're in the works.

Thanks,

Mike

haima said:
ALRIGHT! 8)

btw - do the full size 1166s fit sideways in a 1RU case? what's the dimensions?

They should.

They are the same size as the 5002's which fit in a 1U.  I'll be putting together some dimensional info for all the transformers in the next week.

Mike

hey guys,

glad to finally get those 1166s out to mike.  they did end up being slightly larger than the 5002s, but still quite a bit thinner than the regular carnhill lo1166 with turret board.  since some 1RU cases have different internal heights (from top to bottom "lid") than others, check with mike's drawings before you buy.  IIRC, these 1166s are about 1.5" thick.... i knew this would come up so i'm working on getting the next batch a little slimmer without changing the electrical performance.

ed

Guys,

I haven't thought about the 2254C in a million years.  been busy.  But can someone refresh me? ??? ???

I have a 2 channel Igor 2254C kit in a 2U case (Tat's).  These EA-1166's are the output transformers for the 2254Cs correct?

So I'd need 2 of these?

But I still need input and interstage ones too?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I just have had to many distractions going on for the past year.

thanks for all the help everyone

-bb

yep. the 1166 are appropriate for the output of igors 2254c.

you still need two other transformer types though - the input and interstage, which are the neve "line" and "mic" transformers.

word is ed is working on the mic input next (the "10468") - maybe get distracted for another year and mr hairball will have all the transformers you need  ;D

otherwise mr slenderchap has the carnhill options in stock right now - but remember, these are British transformers so anything you record with them comes out with a mild english accent. which can be a good or bad thing, depending on if you like that sound - can be a great colour to have around. a great for voice over work.

in fact i heard on gearslutz that most of dialogue for the later Harry Potter movies and the upcoming "spinal tap 2012" was actually recorded in LA by out of work American voice actors - using these British transformers to get the right sound. variable impedance also works great with these babies - with a 100k pot on the secondary i can go all the way from welsh gentleman to cockney geezer!

as good as ed's work is, you're never going to get that british sound with his transformers - everything i record through them just comes out sounding American... but perhaps that's what you want?
I jest....  ;D

"meter" mike, you can have your thread back now.

Haima,

Thanks for the quick blast of info.  I really appreciate it.  I'm set.  Ed, can you hook us up?  ;)

I love things american.... I am an american. 
(nipping my post RIGHT there to keep on topic!)

uh, i'll go with david bowie and say "i'm afraid of americans"???  :D

i do hope to have the 10468 types available through mike soon.  these 1166 outputs took much longer than i thought they would (especially considering the mini ones were available weeks ago... and they were more work to figure out!) so i am a little gun shy about a delivery date.  31267 types will follow after that, since there seem to be quite a few projects springing up that can use them.  and there are more transformer types in the works.

ed

Hi Guys,

Here is the dimension info for the 1166.

http://hairballaudio.com/docs/1166/1166.pdf

Edit:  Mini is done as well:
http://hairballaudio.com/docs/1166/1166-500.pdf

I hope to make docs for all of the transformers this week.

Mike

hey mike, took a quick look but didn't see it on the site. Do you have mechanical drawings for the switches? I'd like to build a pushbutton comp and am getting a faceplate made, need to know where to drill/tap the mounting holes.
thanks!

Latest posts

Back