Happy Pride Month

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iron man eye roll GIF

Post sounds more like an invitation to a bun fight to me ,
let them have their cake and eat it 😄

Post sounds more like an invitation to a bun fight to me ,
let them have their cake and eat it 😄

The post was an effort towards inclusivity, solidarity, and support in a time where people's rights are under attack from bigots across the world. Not sure what a bun fight is or what that 20 year old meme has to do with it

Last edited:
Deleted a post with a gendered insult, still learning!

Guess he doesn't wanna make it explicit. I wanted this to be a nice thread

No , I think you were fishing for precisely the reaction you got , to justify trying to driving the thin end of a wedge to cause further division .
I certianly dont mean to speak for the other contributors on this post but the fact that Ireland and Mexico were ruled for centuries by a conglomeration of church and state which facillitated sexual abuse by predatory paedophiles might well be part of the cause of the reaction you see .
What gets termed these days as homophobia by the LGBTQ lobby is in fact a natural defensive reaction by people who were abused and didnt end up liking it .

If you look at the stats on sex offenders in prison ,depending on territory, its around 95:5 % male female , 45% of the males were convicted of male on male sex crimes , the rest are male on female offenders .
Ive gotten to know a few girls over the years who would indentify as either bi sexual or lesbian , typically they suffered abuse at the hands of either family or friends of family in their childhood .
This idea that our sexuality is predetermined by dna from the moment of conception I profoundly dissagree with , its more shaped by life experience , the actual hormones involved in sex drive dont emerge until puberty .

I know one guy , came from a really tough working class backround , father was a hopeless alcoholic , visciously physically abusive to the whole family ,
A school sports coach could obviously detect a vulnerabillity , the lad put up with years of physical and sexual abuse at the hands of this individual , it took nearly 30 years before the law put this animal behind bars . In the mean time he was moved around from one parrish to the next and continued destroying peoples lives . I had a chance to have a few good chats about it with the victim , he said he emerged into adult life devoid of sexuality , no clue what it was about ,luckily with the help of his wife he managed straighten himself out , went on to testify against the perpetrator and rebuild his life .

Im sure its more convienient for you to dismiss everything Ive said above as 'homophobia' ,
In fact im almost certain you will not engage on the subject because it wont suit your agenda ,
an uncomfortable truth .
Its by no coincidence rates of depression , addiction and self destructive behaviours are astronomical in the gay community , for the simple reason many refuse to even see childhood sexualisation ,grooming and having been bought and sold for the sexual gratification of adults for what it was .

No , I think you were fishing for precisely the reaction you got , to justify trying to driving the thin end of a wedge to cause further division .
I've never seen her (I think I recall she is a she, but this might still offend her, so sorry in advance) participate outside the Brewery, and it always involves this kind of fishing

I certianly dont mean to speak for the other contributors on this post but the fact that Ireland and Mexico were ruled for centuries by a conglomeration of church and state which facillitated sexual abuse by predatory paedophiles might well be part of the cause of the reaction you see .

I do not agree, and, in my case, it is certainly not for that reason.

Im sure its more convienient for you to dismiss everything Ive said above as 'homophobia' ,
In fact im almost certain you will not engage on the subject because it wont suit your agenda ,
an uncomfortable truth .
Completely true

This idea that our sexuality is predetermined by dna from the moment of conception I profoundly dissagree with , its more shaped by life experience , the actual hormones involved in sex drive dont emerge until puberty .
I profoundly disagree with you. So does that make you right or me right?

What gets termed these days as homophobia by the LGBTQ lobby is in fact a natural defensive reaction by people who were abused and didnt end up liking it .
This is one of the most profoundly stupid things I've ever seen written in this forum.

You're a bigot mate. End of story. Attitudes like this can fuck off.

I tried to let your repeated references to 'faggotry' in earlier posts pass as someone who comes from a different place and talks in a different way, but this post shows your true colours.

If this shit is now acceptable on here, I am out.

R.E.
Im not trying to say it makes either you or me right or wrong , your quite entitled to your opinion ,
if you happen to want to explain further your reasons ,Im quite willing to listen .

Human sexuality is a set or rules largely imposed by society , virtually all societies on the planet have evolved with marriage as a basis for procreation , religions of old frowned on promiscuity for a reason , its certainly not unique to christianity , its simply that the less promiscious you are , chances are you'll have better health for longer . In the olden days its was seen a god paying you back for missbehaviour , now of course we have identified the causes scientifically , we no longer attribute it to a vengefull God.
Legalised gay union was brought in here a few years back , despite all the kerfuffle about equality , balance etc , the uptake within the gay community was absolutely miniscule , so at the end of the day they were figthing for a right most didnt care a damn about . Its a well established fact that rates of STD infection in the gay male community are off the scale , not only that but all kinds of antibiotic resistant strains have emerged there as well .
Public health here has even seen fit to give out anti HIV/Aids medications free of charge to the gay community to try and stem the spread , intravenous heroin addicts who are also in a extremly high risk catergory arent afforded the same meds to prevent them becoming infected , again its a glaring disparity in equality no one seems to give a damn about .

Predatory faggotry was the term I used Rob , sure its an ugly term ,but it describes what went on here in Ireland very accurately . Im expressing an opinion , if it doesnt suit you theres no one keeping you here forcing you to read it .

I think my point was crystal clear Matador ,physical ,emotional and sexual abuse and the covering up of it has a lasting impact on peoples lives and their abillity to maintain relationships .

Last edited:
Certainly not my intention John ,
It is a most difficult and emotive subject matter ,
I realised I might end up bring on some personal attacks with my opinions ,
but I bear no animosity towards anyone for expressing themselves ,
neither will I be landing any complaints on your desk about it .

R.E.
Im not trying to say it makes either you or me right or wrong , your quite entitled to your opinion ,
if you happen to want to explain further your reasons ,Im quite willing to listen .

I’m not any more enlightened than any true expert. There’s so much material out-there on this subject. My lifetime of personal connections with the community is 180 degrees from yours to make me believe otherwise. I also know for sure my own heterosexuality is nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back