Happy Pride Month

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:(
A true liberal loves the activist and anti-activist equally, because hate (demonstrably) multiplies hate, and voicing contempt tends to increase the resolve of those it is leveled against.

I take the OP to be both a love proclamation and a shot across the bow, depending on one or another's form of cultural indoctrination.

Last edited:
All I know is, even if this was, in-part, some kind of shot across the bow, how you truly felt internally when seeing it and how you express that feeling externally, says SO MUCH about you.

A conservative, Trump-admirer-for-business friend started using the term “fake news” for a tiny-bit, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, at the height of its use, just to see what kind of responses he got from his very-diverse musical electronics repair customers at his long-very-successful shop. It was eye-opening I’m sure. He tried it on me… I ignored his idiotic vogue term and kept the conversation rolling like it didn’t even happen. Not a beat skipped, even though I would have liked to have called him out on it. Next scotch-drinking long-time hangout, like we do every 4/5 years, I probably will. I’ve watched him ping some notable heavyweights at AES conventions over the years. It’s amazing his take on people when we walk away. Very insightful!

Last edited:
"Those who commit evil will be troubled by its pangs, and in their trouble they have only two alternatives: they can either conform their actions to the moral law or the moral law to their actions. The former case calls for repentance, the latter rationalization, ideology, and, ultimately, a social activism in which those who feel guilty will unite and try through political means to make wrong right." - E. Michael Jones

If shit...I am out.
Almost always appreciate your well-reasoned and thoughtful responses, Rob. Hope you stick around.

Did you actually just conflate a persons sexual identity with criminal abuse?
Entirely new to this topic. Would it be inconsiderate to ask if inferences such as this are total bunk?
I welcome any studies which argue against remote correlations.

Last edited:
Ive always been very direct about expressing my point of view
and have a good command of the language with which to do so ,
There seems to be an expectation nowadays that people have a right not to be offended ,
or have their views chalenged in any way or its hate speech ,
I dont go around trying to pick fights or looking down my nose at people and making nasty comments towards strangers , thats a different thing entirely .
I'm glad the thread wasnt shut down , yes we might end up in dissagrements on subjects but I value every opinion , even if I happen to disagree ,
Ireland is a small relatively insular country , homosexuality was only decriminalised here in the early 1990's .
The priesthood in particular was always a hiding place for closets ,
when complaints came in paedophiles were moved to another parrish
and allowed to continue , typically when the cops got reports of abuse they either did nothing at all or in some cases picked on the victims to silence them , undermined their credibillity and often brought people up on false charges , the judiciary on the say so of the local sargent would lock them up .

Its very much a two tier society here , working and middle class for the most part
If you were from a tough working class neighbourhood you never had an expectation of being protected and served , you didnt rat people out to the law , you took matters in hand yourself .
if you happened to be more of a middle class backround you had recourse to the law ,
It seems to me in the USA black and white communities suffer a similar disparity in treatment ,not exclusively as most likely poorer white people were treated differently to the 'educated' classes also.
As I said before Im pretty much a middle class lad , but I made many friends over the years from the more working class neighbourhoods . As the years have rolled on Ive made it my business to find out more about the treatment the less well off people suffered at the hands or church and state , I could see from a very early age the system was rotten , I systematically avoided educational or job oppertunities my social status afforded me , Id had enough of the misseducational system by the age of 16 .

I second what Boji said above , Robs been a good contributor on many discussions here and I dont want to see him leave,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back