Haufe T14/1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one from 60s sounds full in various DIY mics I have a made u87/elam/u49 as full as Maxes MK47 with his BV08 , small transformer tho

FWIW I have an AMI T14 in my C12 clone and that mic is anything but thin. It's as full as my U47 alternate tube mic.

I'm just shooting for authenticity here regarding the T14/1. If the design/sound of the haufe T14/1 has changed since the 60s, that's an important aspect.

Also, I just found a quote from Klaus that describes the T14/1 as "anemic LOOKING," not "anemic sounding." I wonder if there was a mistake somewhere.

Also, Peluso makes a T14/1. I'd assume this is a Haufe copy due to the name.

Melodeath00 said:
FWIW I have an AMI T14 in my C12 clone and that mic is anything but thin. It's as full as my U47 alternate tube mic.

Agreed, I would not call the AMI transformer in my pair of C12 clones thin. There's no lack of bottom end at all. In fact I would say it borders on almost too much when using it up close.

Regards,
Mark

btw I didn't call AMI thin, I said that about the new Haufe T14/1

I doubt many of the clone manufactures us a Haufe T14

There never seems to be love for the Lundahl I dont have any so dont really know but they seem to be the Andy Williams of transformers ..... Moon river...... I love Andy Williams......And do we listen a little too much others opinions when we should listen our selfs, The Haufe seems a great price & surely must be closest to original .....

Its so difficult DIY audio stuff making classic mics & gear from non original parts the internet can be a blessing but also can hinda the only real way is to listen ourselves but that impossible as we can buy all the gear & have the classic gear so we have to read from the net good and bad.

I have a little idea I have couple a DIY mates & we get together now & then with my little studio & often a soldering iron & we...  Go compare ....... ( UK TV joke) & record the effect of  parts like transformers capsules valves on so on ..... if any UK DIY ers wanna join us PM me we'l sort it

EEMO1 said:
no love for lundahl?

Brauner Valvet and Valvet X microphones have Lundahl trannies.
Especilally the X is a great sounding mic IMO. Modern and open, but with some character, too (more so than in a VM1). Vocalists seem to jump out of the speaker and grab you.

Can't go wrong with Lundahl. I think at least for us from europe. cheaper than the AMI transformers.

Keen to know if anyone else has tried the large iron. Henry radio V2148 transformer. I have a pair I'm gonna try in my telefunken M12 bodies with matched TC capsules. Cheers.

Back