helios preamp pcb's [boards now available]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there should be another resistor in the NFB loop between the output transistor collector and the 1K resistor. At the moment the set gain circuit just tries to short the output transistor.

Cheers

Ian

Thank you Ian!  It is on the PCB but I missed it in the drawing - 47K.  Updated drawing and also added transistor pinouts in case someone wants to sub another part.

So I got one up and running today!  The first attempt failed but it turned out that there was simply a missing trace on the PCB.  One end of R16 goes nowhere.  It should be jumpered to R7 right above it.  Once that was done the board passed audio.

I didn't have time for any real testing, but the HPF does work as well.  No transformers yet either.  Hopefully I will find some time this week to mess with it more.

Attachments

• Helios Board.jpg
    Helios Board.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 153
awesome!! im such a slacker i havent even built one myself yet, i have the power supply section stuffed on a few but thats as far as i got, i have SO many projects on the table now i really need to bang some of these out. keep us posted with how you like it! sorry about that missing trace on there, i thought i might of ended up missing a thing or 2 :) i had a lot of fun designing these i hope the end up being worth while! i have another 15 boards or so if anyone else wants to play :)  ide love to put this in a 500 series format at some point.

mjrippe said:
Haven't had time to play with it lately.  Initial tests with transformers found it can't really drive 600 ohms well.

Yes, exactly like Ian told before in this thread.

I will try to do a pcb with the input amp but also with the 22113 high level  card like Ian advised

Whoops, Sorry I missed your email. I'd be happy to help you with this project but you need to clear your inbox so I can PM you! Thanks

Hi,
yesterday I scanned the full tech docs I have for the Helios Musicland console so I could help in the "stay at home type 69 project" thread here:
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=74779.msg948062#msg948062

I'm posting the individual docs in the Tech Docs section.
Hope it can be helpful for you and future projects

Best Regards

Are these still available? The market is so over saturated with API and NEVE. I'm a much bigger fan of Helios and Quad-Eight. Really need some kits for both.

FarisElek said:
Are these still available? The market is so over saturated with API and NEVE. I'm a much bigger fan of Helios and Quad-Eight. Really need some kits for both.

I'm not aware about the current status of the project described in this thread, but there's an active one,
the "Stay at home Type 69"

Check it out here:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=74779.0

FarisElek said:

I have the two boards that I built.  Both functional.  I'll dig them out if you want them.

Latest posts

Back