Hello from the UK

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lahaine

Hi all,

Been lurking on various forums including this one for a while, I feel like I have a perspective on things and that I'd like to finally contribute.

I started mixing drum and bass on vinyl back in 2006 and branching out into other genres eg techno.
Then a self taught producer/mixing engineer since around 2010 where I primarily work on my own material and do this around a day job.

I mainly work ITB with bits and bobs of outboard gear. I am particularly interested in some of the classic bits of gear at the moment (LA-2A, 1176, 1073, Pultecs, SSL G-bus, Manley Vari Mu (v4), Distressors) and some of the newer bits.

I'm looking to further my knowledge of specific components used in pieces of gear and just the general info behind them - supplier, country, price, quality, transformers etc- just general information that I would find useful to know for any custom builds or clones I may pursue in the future.

I'll chime in where I can.

Welcome! This rabbit hole goes deep..

/Jakob E.
Hi Jakob, I assume you represent Gyraf in some way. I was actually looking to test out the G24 on access analog but I don't think it is included in the unlimited subscription.

Hi Lahaine,

Nice! Yes, both Access:Analog and Mix:Analog should have the G24 available online now. Perhaps it was out for service at the time? I know access-analog had some trouble with a shorted MLCC in there recently, so it was out for a week or so..

/Jakob E.

Yeah I spoke with them last week and it had just come back online after being out for a bit. No it's not included in the unlimited subscription, it needs to be booked separately paying for additional credits.

Latest posts

Back