Help me find an edge connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niklasni1

Hello!

So I'm trying to recreate an expansion board for an old drum machine (Korg DDD1). The board itself doesn't look like it'll be much of a problem, but unfortunately it connects to the rest of the system using a 2x15-pin edge connector (double-sided, 15 pins on top, 15 pins on the bottom). As far as I can tell it's .050", the same pin pitch as an old fashioned PCI connector.

I've tried my usual sources, Mouser and Digikey, but come up blank. Ali Express and eBay are obviously harder to search thoroughly, but so far nothing.

I must admit I don't know much about about the different types of these things, but I was wondering if anybody could give me a pointer about where to find such a connector since it doesn't appear to be a standard part.

> same pin pitch as an old fashioned PCI connector.

So saw the edge off an "old"-fashioned PCI card, whack it down to 15 wide, and butt-solder small leads to the ends of the golden fingers.

There are pictures of the connector in this thread (and a wall of text by me; feel free to skip that):

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1745810#1745810

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

(Just to be clear: It's the female connector I need)

niklasni1 said:
There are pictures of the connector in this thread (and a wall of text by me; feel free to skip that):

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1745810#1745810

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

(Just to be clear: It's the female connector I need)

Did you try mouser or digi key?

If all else fails maybe replace with a Dsub but that has already been mentioned to you.

I can't replace it with a DSUB, it slots over the edge of a circuit board... but I think the answer is to replace the board that this plugs into with something that has the functionality of both boards.

Latest posts

Back