Help Troubleshooting Millenia Media HV-3B PLEASE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the language barrier Moamps.
This is what I did:
-First I checked continuity between the pins indicated on the pic and it checked ok.

Then I checked that the female XLR connector on the chassis was properly connected to the 2 pins indicated on the pic and to ground.

Then I made a TRS-Male XLR cable to connect my soundcard, created a Logic session sending a 1khz sine to the cable.

Then I connected the scope probe on channel 1 and connected and and the probe end to U3-pin6 and after that to U4-pin6.
Perfect.
Connect the probe to XLR pins and find on scope your incoming 1kHz from the card. It can be around 100mV (adjust it in the software), and you shold see it on the scope. That's the start of tracing signal procedure. We can't evaluate some testing pins readings if we are not sure that signal is connected correctly into input or we are not sure how we shoud measuring it.

Perfect.
Connect the probe to XLR pins and find on scope your incoming 1kHz from the card. It can be around 100mV (adjust it in the software), and you shold see it on the scope. That's the start of tracing signal procedure. We can't evaluate some testing pins readings if we are not sure that signal is connected correctly into input or we are not sure how we shoud measuring it.
Ok so I need to calibrate the oscillator to send a 100mV 1kHz sinewave into the preamp and after that I read U3 and U4 pin 6 with the scope, right?

Ok so I need to calibrate the oscillator to send a 100mV 1kHz sinewave into the preamp and after that I read U3 and U4 pin 6 with the scope, right?
First connect the oscilloscope probe directly between pins 2 and 1 and 3 and 1 on the input XLR and set your scope so you can see that signal nicely, for a few periods. Then connect the probe to the marked "XLR" points on the PCB
and let me know if you see that signal in those places either. Then we will continue.

First connect the oscilloscope probe directly between pins 2 and 1 and 3 and 1 on the input XLR and set your scope so you can see that signal nicely, for a few periods. Then connect the probe to the marked "XLR" points on the PCB
and let me know if you see that signal in those places either. Then we will continue.

Ok Moamps
I will tomorrow morning and report back ;)
I'm in a gig right now.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Sono

Hi again,

I can confirm that I see the signal in all those spots. The scope receives a 2mV 1kHz sine sent from Logic at -12dB.
Ready to continue ;)

Sorry, I don't know why I was getting that. I routed the signal through Left Channel of Main Stereo Output and now I get this on all indicated spots.
Sine 1kHz 0dB

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_173442.jpg
    IMG_20220508_173442.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8
Yes, now confirm you get this on two points on PCB named XLR, these are one legs of the input capacitors C7 and C9, measure the voltage on the other legs as well and send them.

Here goes. Preamp is switched on btw

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_185150.jpg
    IMG_20220508_185150.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220508_185144.jpg
    IMG_20220508_185144.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220508_185139.jpg
    IMG_20220508_185139.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220508_185134.jpg