I need a class AB 100mW (ish) amp circuit for experimenting.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkiijam

Any body have a simple, but "abusable" class AB schematic I can build?
NEEDS:

1. Bipolar supply
2. Class AB
3. Discrete output, but preamp could be opamp
4. Only need 100mW to maybe 250mW
5. Anything less than a Watt is fine

Last edited:
True. Good catch.

The next stage after this little experimenter would some other piece of line gear, not speakers. So way up there?

True. Good catch.

The next stage after this little experimenter would some other piece of line gear, not speakers. So way up there?
While anytime an audio voltage is fed into an input with a finite impedance, there will be at least some power transferred into that destination. More power transferred into a lower impedance. less into a higher impedance load.

Perhaps you should be more specific about your application.

In "modern" gear that typically has a relatively high impedance input, we think more in terms of signal voltage.

For instance, 1 Volt into 600 Ohms is approx. 0.0017 Watt (1.7 mW). 1 Volt into 10,000 ohms is 0.10 mW.

Bri

If you're wanting to tinker with the circuit itself, you could always start with a discrete op-amp, e.g. these threads
Neve's BA340 and BA440 amps might also be worth a look.

The @KA-Electonics.com board is largely going to reflect the op-amp's performance (i.e. practically faultless) and I doubt that any tinkering would improve it, if that was your intent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back