*If you encounter errors, please let me know*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
Hello Everyone,

We just finished a major server upgrade.  If you run into any errors, please PM me with the details.
As of this post, everything *should* be operational.

GroupDIY.com now runs on an Intel i7 2.3GHz quad-core processor, with 16GB of RAM and redundant SSDs. 
That's screaming fast hardware (especially for a web server)! 8)

had to log in again, don't think i deleted any cookies,

great news on the upgrade!
i knew something was up late at night when the page was not available,

Thanks CJ.
That's to be expected, all user sessions would have been dropped so everyone should have had to log in again.  We also changed IP addresses so some users may have had a longer delay before they could access the new server (Depending on the TTL for DNS repopulation for their particular service area).

I would like to report great response time!
Thanks!

Praiseworthy performance!  No problems detected!
Sorry to waste your time but it seems to me sysadmins get very little love!

It did NOT cash my cheque or do the dishes and now I have less excuses
because it does seem quicker, hit the stay logged in and good to go , thanks

Very fast. Thanks!

PS. I noticed that in the search results there's only one page with most of the words I use. Is it just me? I'm on Safari

One thing: when I had to log in anew, I thought I forgot my password, so I followed the procedure with giving my mail account, but never received the email that was said to be successfully sent... just me?

Then I had to dig deep and remembered my password, that´s how it goes but you might want to check...

Thanks

All's looking good here...

Your server is now probably much faster than my workhorse computer... :( Time to upgrade...but oh yeah, no money.

Stupid technology and it's advancements.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.6 KB
Yeah, the server is now significantly beefier than my home computer too.  It's a pain to have to upgrade/move a live production server, I figured going a little overkill would last us a while before we have to do it again.
But keep in mind that ping times to the server reveal more about your connection path to the server than about the server itself.  The real server speed increases can be seen in the more complex database queries (i.e., searches, loading long threads, and maintaining speedy performance under high traffic, and backups!)

This is probably a personal problem related to me having my cookies turned off, but I was getting a cascade of pop up notification, that would just keep coming even after i deleted them.

With the cookies turned on they are behaving again. So probably some little cookie handshake they were not getting

Just a little FYI.

JR

Greetings Ethan,
What do the numbers to the right of the GroupDIY logo mean?  Mine right now say 2.  When I had a message it said 3.
Below and slightly to the left of the number, there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it.  What's that?
Enquiring minds want to know!
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Back