Intel on mic pre low-cut circuits!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djmiggymigz

Hoping that someone can either point me in the right direction via an existing post or help me out here. Currently working on a 312 preamp clone and I'm hoping/wondering if it'd be possible to include a switchable (on/off) low cut filter prior to the opamp in the circuit. I have an audient 8pre with lowcuts on every channel and I love being able to clean up a bit while tracking. Currently laying out the design in KiCad and the 312 circuit is so simple that I have a ton of empty space on the pcb and would love to implement this.

Definitely worth noting that I am certainly a beginner when it comes to circuit design. I'm thinking that the filter would be added before the opamp but after the input transformer? That's more or less just a guess though.

Definitely. If your fine with a 1st order high pass filter you only need three components, including the switch (or two if the preamp already has some kind of a high pass filter at the input). Search "RC filter".

Latest posts

Back