LA2 scam on ebay?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no no

it really is

Roger Mielke

I remember him from techtalk .. kinda :)

I'd never report him... I think its kinda funny though

Blofeld?s secret La2 building den :green:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I suspect we have a stinker in our midst
:shock:

J

Excuse me being slow, but what's the evidence against Mr Mielke?

Should we start a "court" thread?

Even if he's guilty as charged, I'm laughing, I'm sorry. If someone buys any of those La2s they are stupid, check the feedback - 1900 USD??

J

Whoever it is, I send him/her an email:

Dear rog_machine,

That is not a real LA2A. Cancel the auction or I'll report your sorry ass to ebay ;-(

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3733491438

Thank you,
sismofytten

I don't wanna see some poor fool get ripped. It could be me one day(allthough not on this item fer sure).. I'd apriciate if someone did the same for me.

I think Roger is walking a fine line between doing a DIY and selling a fake, misrepresenting the product and selling it as an original.

I see jail time :)

He is CLEARLY doing something illegal!

"Teletronix LA2a compressor limiter great condition works fine. Comes with (2) day warranty. Garanteed to work. Seller hass (2) DAYS after arrival to return unit for full refund. Buyer pays shipping if he/she decides to return"

This cannot be misunderstood!

Roger, you asswipe, why are you doing this? :evil:

For sale... one authentic bloo LA2a with 2 minute warrenty!

Bloo_001.jpg

:green:

That's pretty sleazy. I don't really mind that he's selling a clone. However, calling it an original LA2, and selling at such, is VERY dishonest. That's is definitely what I would call a rip off/scam. That type of shit ruins eBay for everyone. The fact is, most people will not be able to tell it's a clone. They won't. I sent him an email too, to let him know what I thought of it... :evil:

Roger sent me a few emails in the past and was very friendly.

I have not noticed him here at the LAB??

Maybe he is just not thinking? Or maybe the poor guy is addicted
to DIY and is trying to raise some money to do a pair of
Tommy Tones 1081's :grin:

Where are you Roger Milke? ?

Should we burn him at the stake? :twisted:

theres worse things happening on ebay.. but he should disclose that its a copy and not an original...

I have received alot of emails about the "kits" if you will... asking why I didnt do them in the brushed metal look... with the logo and all...

this is exactly why I didnt... it would have been VERY easy to have made a few changes to make em look exactly like the original.. and this would have gotten myself an many others introuble... imagine how many could have eventually hit the ebay market being claimed as originals? you would never know what was an orignal verses a clone :roll:

He just changed it to say that it is essentially a clone. I have no problems with it now.

Scenaria is right, there are worse things going on, on eBay. I just hate to see someone spend $2000 on something, and not know it's not an original. That's kind of like selling a print of a Picasso, and claiming it to be an original. I'd be pretty bummed if I bought something on eBay, and it was not the real deal. Who knows, his probably sounds better, but it's still not the same...

Too Funny,

I work in Lake Oswego OR.!! I should go over to his house and chat with this guy. Wow what a business venture!! Re-selling the Bloo with a new face plate!! 200% markup

I am interested in an LA2a but I already have a Distressor. What I really need is a Stereo Limit/Comp. For the price of two kits though I could get another Distressor...

Keep in mind I want to master with this.
What would you do?

I'll probably start a new thread on this....

-ChuckD

Back