Laser Engraver

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info... will have an in depth chat with the laser guy tomorrow. 

Unfortunately powedercoating is not very easy around here.  The place I get metalwork done follows the henry ford model, you can have any color, as long as it's black! The paint people they contract out to will do other colors but I have to buy 50Kg of paint..  Anodizers here leave a lot to be desired, although I'm going to give that a try again at a new place, but the only way I can control the colors and QC is doing it myself with PU. Just started doing this stuff, so results haven't been stellar, but it's supposed to be fully cured in a matter of hours in dry weather. It's rainy season here, but hasn't rained in days, so I might break the compressor out tomorrow and have a whack at it.  Will let you guys know how it turns out.
thanks again for the tips.

ruffrecords said:

I've been interested in these imported machines and the main limitation seems to be the software. From what I have read, Moshidraw is almost useless. 

There are some resellers who buy the Chinese lasers and upgrade them to work with Mach3, and this seems the way to go.

regards, Jack

Latest posts

Back