Laws around frauds in the US

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a police officer. Can't you do a bit of a "knock on the door" stuff?  ;D

If I am not mistaken paypal has a 45 days policy for submitting claims. In fact this very fact that once robbed me off  of my about $700.00

Some years back I had bought a lot of audio transformers from a guy in Canada on e-bay. He shipped the items which were all great and well packed and arrived on time. He had other lots and I asked him if he would sell them privately to save from e-bay fees.  He said he could send them surface mail which would take about 6-8 weeks but be very cheap. I did not know the paypal rules on this and I paypalled him thinking that I was safe.  Transformers never arrived.

Having said that I also bought transformers from a guy in Nashville and the seller ceased all communications shortly after.  About six months later I was in LA and mentioned it to a friend, who subsequently sent him a very polite (  ;D ) e-mail. A week later the transformers arrived with the refund for the short fall.

Unfortunately every business is full of cowboys and the risk is always there. I can't  tell you exactly how much I have been robbed off over the years, but if it is any consolation it is in many multiples of thousands of pounds. Do your best to get it back but if not then don't loose sleep over it.

I've dealt with Greg during my 670 V2 build.  Hes a bit flaky but always got back to me relatively soon.  As others have stated, go thru PayPal, you almost can't lose.

sahib said:
You are a police officer. Can't you do a bit of a "knock on the door" stuff?  ;D

:D How much is a two-way ticket to the US? I would love to knock the door do… eh… on the door :)

Best regards

/John

sr1200 said:
I've dealt with Greg during my 670 V2 build.  Hes a bit flaky but always got back to me relatively soon.  As others have stated, go thru PayPal, you almost can't lose.

I see, but when you say "relatively soon"… How long is that?

Best regards

/John

He would call me back within an hour or so usually.  Never ever picked up the phone when I called, but always called back if I left a message/number.

Just a couple of days ago I wrote to his co-worker Marie Cash and she said he has been in another state on an emergency errand… she took care of it and finally my three TB4's are on their way to Sweden.

I haven't received them yet but I surely hope that these will be fine  :-\

Best regards

/John

Back