• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale LC filter board + power inductor for filtering SMPS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahib

LC filter board + the inductor.
The inductor is 36uH (+ - 20%) / 10A. It is an overkill for an average audio application but I am offering them to the forum cheap.
The PCB dimensions are 70mm x 42.5mm.
Terminal blocks are 5mm pitch.
Three electrolytic and a film capacitors in parallel at the output.
Here is a practical example https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0..._PSU_Filtering_Schematic_1.0.pdf?v=1628711989
Here is a calculator for calculating he capacitor value.

GBP 5.00 plus shipping and paypal.
Please note this is only for the blank board and the inductor. The picture is for illustration purpose.
I have a number of this available.

1718312488547.jpeg
1718312458051.jpeg

Very cool. I have two quick questions. Is this intended for one pcb per rail? (e.g. in the +/-16 with +48 in your practical example, is that using three boards)?

And do you think this would be useful for a situation where an external linear regulated power supply is used, with the filter on the power entry inside the main unit?

I was about to e-mail you.

You will indeed require one board per rail. However, obviously it would be uber overkill for +48V. So, I am happy to supply the blank board only for that. You can then use a suitably smaller choke.

It is not suitable to be used on the mains input. For that you would use a mains filter designed for that specific purpose (using a common mode inductor). However, I normally would not see a reason to use mains filter for a linear power supply unless you are living next to an industrial estate and the mains supply is receiving a lot of dirt. My previous office (which I have recently moved out) was next to a shipyard and every so often my test equipment, particularly the scope would go haywire. With my previous company we also started to have sever noise on the mains after 5:00PM which turned out to be coming form the new built housing near-by which had electric storage heating.
However also to mention that the main purpose of mains filters of this type is actually to attenuate/eliminate the noise dumped back into the mains supply by the equipment itself (by or through the switching power supply).

Latest posts

Back