Looking for suggestions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulC

Hello,

I am looking to build some new speakers but cant decide on what is right for me, sooo I will list some details in the hope that I will get some suggestions.
Will be used for music (all types) and HT
Will be used with a Sub (90's soundstream rubicon 12" 3cf ported) willing to change if needed
Receiver is a Pioneer vsx 1131 (min 6 ohms - prefer 8 ohm with high efficiency)
room is 4.2m wide and opens up to an open plan living area
Speakers will be placed 4.2m apart
Speakers must be as close to walls as possible (2 - 5")
Also want a matching (or close to) center and smaller surrounds
seating position is about 5m back from main speakers
Off axis performance is important as not everyone gets to sit in the "sweet spot"
I prefer the look of multiple drivers like khanspires, statements
I want good looking drivers as there will be no grills and I intend on building some curved sides

Thank you

Hello,

I am looking to build some new speakers but cant decide on what is right for me, sooo I will list some details in the hope that I will get some suggestions.
Will be used for music (all types) and HT
Will be used with a Sub (90's soundstream rubicon 12" 3cf ported) willing to change if needed
Receiver is a Pioneer vsx 1131 (min 6 ohms - prefer 8 ohm with high efficiency)
room is 4.2m wide and opens up to an open plan living area
Speakers will be placed 4.2m apart
Speakers must be as close to walls as possible (2 - 5")
Also want a matching (or close to) center and smaller surrounds
seating position is about 5m back from main speakers
Off axis performance is important as not everyone gets to sit in the "sweet spot"
I prefer the look of multiple drivers like khanspires, statements
I want good looking drivers as there will be no grills and I intend on building some curved sides

Thank you
My best guess is that you will get better advice in a forum like www.diyaudio.com . This forum (GDIY) is more pro audio/studio oriented, but maybe someone here can help.

In case you understand German I can recommend a magazine called 'Hobby Hifi'. The authors publications have been my bible on the subject for about three decades now. Unfortunately it is pretty much a one-man-show, no english translation, not even an online version - you'd have to order by mail. This is the website: HOBBY HiFi The style of the site says everything about their affinity to the internet ;-) Nevertheless, in my opinion the publication is top notch, the designs as well as the theoretical articles. What I also like about them is that they are indifferent of the product prices. Aside projects with expensive chassis they also use a lot of lower price stuff if it measures and works well. There are incredibly good chassis out there for little money, they just need to be found - or pointed to ;-)

Latest posts

Back