Majestic12 builds Drip Fairchild 670

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm building a wooden case to put in the 670 with its metal case. The whole thing than sits on a stand with wheels to move it around.
I don't really wanna use the 670 with only its metal case and no rack around it.

Majestic12 said:
I'm building a wooden case to put in the 670 with its metal case. The whole thing than sits on a stand with wheels to move it around.
I don't really wanna use the 670 with only its metal case and no rack around it.

Can't you just put it in a rack with some support on the back + enough airflow?

Or wait...your building a rack right ;-)

Hey have you done the transormer wiring  (for 240v?) yet? thats where I am up to but the manual is pretty confusing, and the support  from drip seems to be drying up :-\ :-\ :-\

@Rob: I do have a frontpanel file for the original design.

jjs1uc.jpg

Majestic12 said:
Sure, just send me a message with you email adress.

The dimensions should be the same as an original one.

Majestic12,
Could send a copy too please?

Opacheco.

Hi, thanks for starting this thread! I'm working on my 670 as well, and have a question or two you may be able to answer. I've noticed in your picture here that you left out a few jumps... What is the reason for that? I noticed in the drip manual picture that they are missing as well, but I didn't find an explanation as to why. Also, is the wire cap supposed to be installed? i'm a little unsure of that terminology. Thanks again!
SG

Attachments

• jump2.jpg
    jump2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 125
The two jumpers only connect the 330pf cap. Since you don't need to install this cap you can also leave out the jumpers.

radiance said:
3 months of radio silence...something must have terribly gone wrong ;-) ??

No, everything's ok :) I recently bought a Hammond power transformer and some parts to finish everything on the frontpanel.
The last thing I need are the transformers from sowter.
Will post new pics soon :)

So... I decided to build this monster too. Regarding the price required for this build I'll do it step by step as I have to make some other projects first (current project is 2x Neve 1084 dual mids).
I preordered the 670 ver.2 from Drip... they say it will be ready to ship in end of Jan. 2013. In the meantime I'm doing some research...

I like the original frontpanel version very much but I see there is a significant difference: on the original version there are only 2 "big" knobs (Gain and Treshold) while on Tat's version there are 3 (Gain, Treshold and Ratio). How can this be applied to Drip's pcb?

Has anyone build this either with Mundorf or Jensen caps? Is there really such big difference?

And what about the knobs in pic posted by Catscan? There is still no answer where to get those ...

Thanks for now!

Latest posts

Back