Making a LDC Capsule - Videos

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool… And that reminds me of the Nady SPC-10, that I’ve never been able to get my hands on.

I could definitely use a hand-held size end-address LDC, sounding great on snare, in my arsenal! In a short body like the M80-SH or even something like a 57 right-angle would be great!

Did you make the conical capsule mount ?

ubxf

I'm sorry- I missed your question. According to the bracket and the capsule stand: I drew a 3d model in the program and printed it on a 3d printer. It seems to me that this design helps to reflect parasitic sound waves from the body near the capsule.
Did I understand your question correctly?
Here is a dual diaphram 24mm capsule I make.

Tim

on my capsules with a 20mm membrane, the outer diameter is 30mm. But on new models of capsules, the sizes may differ.
On beige pencils, the membrane is 16 mm, like the MKE-2 microphone. My capsule can even be put without alterations in the head of the MKE-2.
By the way, my black microphones previously had similar MKE-2 capsules, since these bodies are from Soviet MKE-9 microphones.

on my capsules with a 20mm membrane, the outer diameter is 30mm. But on new models of capsules, the sizes may differ.
On beige pencils, the membrane is 16 mm, like the MKE-2 microphone. My capsule can even be put without alterations in the head of the MKE-2.
By the way, my black microphones previously had similar MKE-2 capsules, since these bodies are from Soviet MKE-9 microphones.
Aha I always go by outside dimension so you can see this capsule is small. I have even made a capsule with 15mm outside dimension

Last edited:

ubxf

I'm sorry- I missed your question. According to the bracket and the capsule stand: I drew a 3d model in the program and printed it on a 3d printer. It seems to me that this design helps to reflect parasitic sound waves from the body near the capsule.
Did I understand your question correctly?

Tim

Thanks Sonic, yes that was my question. Would you be ok to share your 3d model ? I have currently a neoprene cone under the saddle that holds the capsule and like you i like what i does acoustically but it keep breaking.

ubxf

the archive contains a ring and a stock in stl format. I think that for your size, the model will have to be edited in a 3D editor.
I draw in a Blender.

Attachments

• For capsule.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 21
Back