Mic building advice sort......connecting capsules ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Hi Im currently experimenting with some microphone circuits & some capsules....I have some questions ??

Am I right in saying to keep wires from capsule to electronics as short as possible & do we loose high end if the wires are longer ??

Im trying to divise a way to connect my 2 capsules to my 4 different mics you see.

does the thickness of the wire from capsule to electronics have an effect ? whats the stuff m Jolly uses ?

I have a lollypop capsule with a pin to connect to the electronics.... I suspect to metal the pin is made from has an effect

Also the electronic components is it bad to have long wires on the components ? or certain components ?

Circuit boards are we better off without them.....is point to point better?

Thanks for reading....

There's quite much discussion about the topic here if you search mic meta. Generally, it's crusial that  there's no leakage paths in high impdance section (everything between high value resistors and the grid).

One thing I've not found much about is the effect of wire diameter from capsule. It seems to vary a little with different manufacturers, usually it's thin as possible though.

Latest posts

Back