Microphone cable differences

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other words, I was able to keep the share I would have otherwise paid for support staff.
It works for a one-man band.
Besides, if one fully writes-off or depreciates an asset, and later resells it for cash, the proceeds of sale are "depreciation recaptured" and TAXED as regular INCOME, and are, occasionally, subject to capital gains TAX.
Here, you amortize consumables in the first year, then you sell it. It comes as "exceptional revenue", which is taxed at regular income.
For a €50 cable, you get 50€ deduction on the revenue, which comes as 15€ tax deduction, then you sell the cable for 20€, on which you may pay 6€ tax. Every year you get a new cable that costs you 21€. Actually less, because of the recoverable VAT.

Here, you amortize consumables in the first year, then you sell it. It comes as "exceptional revenue", which is taxed at regular income. For a €50 cable, you get 50€ deduction on the revenue, which comes as 15€ tax deduction, then you sell the cable for 20€, on which you may pay 6€ tax. Every year you get a new cable that costs you 21€. Actually less, because of the recoverable VAT.

Crazy, man. Thanks for the uptake - That is surely a different way to skin the cat - I hate being the cat being skinned! Taxes are no fun anywhere.

Thanks for playing along. James

If you want to play the build vs buy game it's better to compare like vs like.

A 25 ft Mogami mic cable with Nuetrik XLRs is about $31 in parts from Redco.
Or you get them to build that same cable for $43.

It would be very situational dependent on whether the savings are worth it.

If you want to play the build vs buy game it's better to compare like vs like.

A 25 ft Mogami mic cable with Nuetrik XLRs is about $31 in parts from Redco.
Or you get them to build that same cable for $43.

It would be very situational dependent on whether the savings are worth it.
Yep! Depends on how many I need/want at once and how cash-strapped I feel at the time. Even then, regardless of how much extra cash I may have, I’m probably going to build them if I’m saving $100. $150-$200 or more, no chance I’m not building them!

Latest posts

Back