Microphones for DIY Mics: Updated BM-600 dimensions and pictures

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do these prices include N. America/Europe shipping, or is shipping on top of that, with additional shipping to the end user?

Also, does a capsule mount come with as well?

Also, the tube mic bodies aren't that much different except for the connector and being of course somewhat larger, yet are showing almost twice the cost? However, with a PSU case (with or w/o XLR's) I'm still interested primarily at 7, 9 and maybe 10.

So far no shipping is included, so at this point it is on top.  Until I have firm pricing I wont address that. 

One thing I was thinking of and not sure if it would help cut shipping costs would be one large shipment to Europe and have a member distribute them around there, instead of 20 different small packages leaving Canada.

I will confirm the capsule mount, now one question I have and maybe someone with more experience can answer...will a capsule mount fit most capsules or is that dependant on the capsule chosen?  My microphone building experience is limited.

As for the tube mic bodies, I know they are not much different, but the manufacturer has come back with a price of double what the other mic bodies are.  I am trying to work them down based on that point you mentioned, but ultimately am at their mercy.  I will most likely include the psu box in with the price on the tube mic bodies too if the pricing is reasonable...otherwise there are other options to consider for psu boxes.

You might consider a shipment to USA as well, for whatever reason (so much for NAFTA) shipping across the USA/Canada border is stupidly expensive.

cmuller0420 said:
...will a capsule mount fit most capsules or is that dependant on the capsule chosen?  My microphone building experience is limited.

As for the tube mic bodies, I know they are not much different, but the manufacturer has come back with a price of double what the other mic bodies are.  I am trying to work them down based on that point you mentioned, but ultimately am at their mercy.  I will most likely include the psu box in with the price on the tube mic bodies too if the pricing is reasonable...otherwise there are other options to consider for psu boxes.

Thanks for continuing to work on it.  I don't want to discourage. 

As I said, $60 for #8 is probly a good deal.  (Especially if it includes the switches.)

Your questions: yes, you need a particular mount for each style of capsule.  Best to get the capsules and mounts at the same time as a package, if you can.

About Skylar's bodies, that price was from memory and I just looked in the WM, and yes you're right, he's selling them for $99 more than I thought!  :)  I apologize for my mistake.  (They are however quality bodies, unlike any Chinese stock bodies, etc.)

What about the price on #1?  That's not a tube mic...  I'd be interested in that if around $60 too. b
EDIT: it appears to be a tube mic if that PS box is any indication...  but it lacks switches and is shorter, should be cheaper than #2...

Okay thanks for the clarification on the capsule and mount!

The #1 and #7 are the same mic (TM-66)...and #7 is the only body offered now.  So #1 is a discontinued body (unfortunate as I liked it as a stubby mic).  Sorry for everyone wanting #1...they dont offer anything else like it to my knowledge.

I will check into pricing on the shorter of the #2 bodies and see if that one (since its not one of their tube mics) is cheaper.

Side note: If anyone is interested in shockmounts and other extras... I will see what I can do for combining mics and mounts and cases if needed and get the lowest price I can.

Second side note...the EQU47 looks very nice  and looks very well designed!

The only disadvantage of the EQU47 is price.  It is Rolls Royce class.

One can buy Apex 460, sometimes second hand...

One can buy Aurycle kits for $70 (FET cardioid) or $180 (Tube with variable polar patterns).  www.aurycle.com

That being the situation, it seems that the supply of mic case on its own should be cheaper than these.  And the PS should not cost much.  The advantage of such a deal would be that one can choose the electronics that goes into the boxes, without having to make the boxes (which is hard without a serious workshop).

David

#10 has changed to the BM-5200 ... the original green one posted in not available

After speaking with the iSK sales rep yesterday, I was able to determine what was available and what was not...hence some of the changes so I apologize for the confusion.  On the first page of this thread there is a list of the available bodies, data sheets and dimensions with a picture of the mic.  Those are what are available at the moment.

Sorry,
it wouldn´t make sense for me to order mics or mic bodies from you, since the prices are that close to those I can get here. Adding up shipping costs and maybe costums taxes, these mics may become even more expensive. So I´m out. Thanks for your efforts anyway!
regards
Bernd

count me in for 1 x no.3 design mic body + mic case, psu box and shockmount if available.

thanks for making this happen, ive been looking for a suitable mic body for ages!

mick

Damnit, the C12 one was the only one i was sure about. Might still be in for 2 U47 styled ones but wont confirm until final price and when you know about the PSU cases etc. Was hoping to see a U87 styled one with a pattern switch as the Auracycles dont have that.

cmuller0420 said:
Sorry about the C12 style body...

No worries, nothing you could do about it. Gotta think about this though as some had some really cool designs that would be fun to play with, just gotta figure out what i want, need and can build :)

cmuller0420 said:
It also seems like most people on here are not interested in stock capsules and electronics (could be wrong about all of that, but seems to be what I have found) and is the stock shock mount on the mic good?  I do not have any experience with those mics...and if you are going to junk those parts anyways are you really any further ahead..well I guess by $10-$30!

It would be nice if everything was able to be purchased la carte, as I imagine the PSU adds a fair bit to the cost of the tube mics. Many already have a couple, and they're easy to reconfigure for different mics. Any more than a couple and one may as well just bring a rackmounted supply along. Just my approach anyway...

Do you mean that pick and choose what you want?
ie  1 person wants just a mic body while another wants the mic case and psu case

If that is what you mean, I dont see a problem with people choosing what they want/dont want...that works for me.

I'm in for 2 #8 bodies as promised, provided they fit Dany's U1621 boards. If not, I'm willing to look at something else. Please let us know when you've had a moment to check it out.

Cheers,

Ralph

Okay so good news and bad news...

The bad first...my sales reps manager has killed the mic body sales until later down the road of me workig with them...so that is a bummer

The good news..they will sell unbranded complete mics (ie mic shockmount case) with low minimum quantity when I bundle with my normal stock order from them.

The bm-600 bm-5100 bm-5200 and the #2 short (rm-6) will be decently priced, however their tube mics are a bit more pricey.  Will have prices up by tomorrow.

Sorry for the change and do not know what anyone's interest is now

I am also having them check into the u87 pcb fitting in...I will also move this over to the white market soon as it is not just mic bodies anymore, but a full product.

Back