Mix Bus Compressor from scratch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great Dave, thanks for posting those pictures

and thanks for all the work

and yes, Elskarido, I'd be happy to run a chorus through it before and after, when it arrives
it cant be a signed artist and even then with a new artists, you cant start putting it online...
but if you want to hear it email me at [email protected]

I have no idea at this point how it will sound :)
but if it sounds as classy as the UE 100 EQ Dave made me a while back , then I think it'll had some secret sauce

looks great Dave, thanks for posting those pictures

and thanks for all the work

and yes, Elskarido, I'd be happy to run a chorus through it before and after, when it arrives
it cant be a signed artist and even then with a new artists, you cant start putting it online...
but if you want to hear it email me at [email protected]

I have no idea at this point how it will sound :)
but if it sounds as classy as the UE 100 EQ Dave made me a while back , then I think it'll had some secret sauce
Awesome ! Thanks

over at GS they have a giant mastering compressor comparison thread, with a standardized non-processed audio file for input argument

If you try it on that, make sure to post your result over there as well - they need a bit of variation in their life..

/Jakob E.
Cheers Jacob

Hi Thomas, I had them made by Danbury Electronics some time ago, but I think they have changed their name to Primary windings as you say.
best
DaveP
Thanks Dave ! I have used their transformers for hifi tube amps with great success. They offer customs jobs but I never heard back from them the two times I asked for a 600 ohm output to one of their designs, as opposed to 4-8-16 outputs. Hence my curiosity !

I will also add : AWESOME build, as usual ! Bravo to you, Dave ! I am amazed, ( as usual ):) Cheers

If you dropped it with a transistor it would be burning exactly the same amount of power.

But you got advantage, you can aim pretty exact for the 270 (volts) and not need to burn it.

a week or 2, i saw some "hindy" guy talking about capacitors, he calculated +/-10% of 220V grid tension.

But you got advantage, you can aim pretty exact for the 270 (volts) and not need to burn it.

a week or 2, i saw some "hindy" guy talking about capacitors, he calculated +/-10% of 220V grid tension.
With the transistor you still burn the power up. Why do you think the transistor gets hot. Hint "transistor" is short for "transfer resistor". As others have siad you get a filtering effect with the resistor anyway.

Back