mixer advice needed!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harpo said:
Coming from the same fab, are they any different at all ?
Maybe this Midas now is the same Behringer desk with optional parts fitted ... just speculating.

http://das.blogsport.de/2009/12/09/klark-teknik-midas-by-behringer/

I completely forgot about the buyout.

it's not too far-fetched to think they are the same product down to PCB level.

Says Behringer:

"All brands will take advantage of the MUSIC Group’s extensive resources and industry-leading competencies including product development, lifecycle management, supply chain and logistics"

hummm interesting, I feel less bad!!

Maybe this Midas now is the same Behringer desk with optional parts fitted
maybe, but what justify the x5 difference?
upgraded, caps, opamp, a better quality check...
as far as I read, no more option on the Midas, they are exactly the same in term of possibilities.

behringer: 444€
Midas: 2660€

oups my bad for the venice: "includes rackmount kit"  ::)

when you get it you could open your mixer and make some pics and post it here.
And somebody who has the midas should do the same!!!!

This would be a nice comparison!!!

regards,
Wolfgang

hey ,
normally i work with good consoles like ssl , neve , euphonix , etc....
but in the free time i like to help for free (as fun)
a my dear friend with small pa setups (fortunately without  b e h-ringers goats ....)
i suggest you a used mackie 1604 vlz  probably the est value for money between all not expensive small mixers
midas venice without transformers on the input isn't different from mackie
hope this can help you

;)

diyfanatic said:
Hi guys,

I need to change my mixer (a small yamaha 12 in 1 bus) in my homestudio since I have now a lot more gear and I want to mix some little project outside the box.
I'm on the low buget side since I plan to upgrade my sound card too (will go for a Motu)

so I found a Soundcraft spirit Folio 4 in a perfect shape for 290€, just the headphone pot need to be change.
what I've read so far is that the psu will need some work but it sound seems to be nice

any experience with this?

cheers
Jr.

modern solution: mackie VLZ or practical line mixer -> mackie LM3204 (cheap used via ebay). no micro pres! but you can put some DIY in front ;)
vintage solution: a nice A&H system 8 1616 :) -> very good british EQs (my taste) but perhaps not the best at transpareny

Latest posts

Back