Mm. Why not! Microrack!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. If somebody wants to discuss advantages of use dc/dc converters, let's do it at separate thread.
This was all I meant in my post.
And no hidden riddles.
The test I proposed shows all advantages.  Do it before starting to talk about dc/dc converters.

Igor said:
Nope. If somebody wants to discuss advantages of use dc/dc converters, let's do it at separate thread.
This was all I meant in my post.
And no hidden riddles.
The test I proposed shows all advantages.  Do it before starting to talk about dc/dc converters.

Here's a riddle for you:  "It's not good with Audio Krishna and not kosher."
I tried, but I can't make anything of that.

As for discussing DC/DC converters..why not here? If this thread leads to it why not?  Is a little side track not allowed?
I mean, it's not very OT is it? And if it were, than there's Moderators to fix it.
It just seems you're not very open/flexible when discussing your own designs.
You come here to present your latest design and that's it? No discussion possible?
Why not? You might learn something from it right?

OT.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=46702.0
Discussing my designs. Ask every possible questions, will answer.
But please do it at dedicated topic.

Here's a riddle for you:  "It's not good with Audio Krishna and not kosher."
I tried, but I can't make anything of that.

He's saying that the idea in question does not please the Hindu God of Audio, and nor does it agree with Jewish tradition.  basically the idea is bad.

These electronics discussions are usually over my head.

Will you also provide an option for a cover if you only use it as a single unit?

I hope you sell this as a full kit including power supply kit, external or internal. I was considering the rackit2 and make my own rack, but seems like this will be an easier option??

When do you think this will be available?

gemini86 said:
...and I think he's trying to keep the banter light-hearted, whereas you seem to be insistent on rattling the cage...

yes...I know. Apologies.
Need more sleep&lessCoffee .
But Igor can handle it and I was not THAT harsh was I?

I would not say harsh, more like badgering...

There's nothing wrong with questioning somebody, but when it's their design and there's nothing 'wrong' with it, what's the point in debating the technology he chooses to use?

Anyway, all is well now and the gong is about to ring, so let's keep this thread un-cluttered.

Good news!! awaiting for more info! Is there any case of including extentions so that it can be rackable either in horizontal or vertical?

canidoit said:
These electronics discussions are usually over my head.

Will you also provide an option for a cover if you only use it as a single unit?

I hope you sell this as a full kit including power supply kit, external or internal. I was considering the rackit2 and make my own rack, but seems like this will be an easier option??

When do you think this will be available?

Meanwhile, I ordered 50 of Black Zinc Coated Microracks. The price estimation is USD140 for one assembled microrack, without power supply.
Availability - Jan 2012. Hurray!!!!
For myself, I temporarily solved the PS problem by simple way of buying 15 enclosures at local surplus store and making PCB set for this box.
However, the power supply with nice enclosure will be offered soon.

Microrack is stackable into 3RU, 10 slots, the side extensions will appear very soon too.

Meanwhile - a proto photos; more in the Photobucket album:

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/diy33609/MicroRack/

P1060911.jpg

P1060908.jpg

P1060927.jpg

P1060929.jpg

P1060913.jpg

P1060920.jpg

@ Sahib: very OT reply. Please write on subject.

However, for all MAC'o-fags:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e01-humancentipad

Is this for 51x only or can it do both 16 and 24 volts?

Also how are you going to run more than 1 microrack using 1 power supply? I can only see one output socket on your power supply?

Will this be sold as a complete build only or will there be full kits available and at what price, including power supply?

canidoit said:
Is this for 51x only or can it do both 16 and 24 volts?

Also how are you going to run more than 1 microrack using 1 power supply? I can only see one output socket on your power supply?

Will this be sold as a complete build only or will there be full kits available and at what price, including power supply?

Sidenote:  51X is +/-16V AND +/-24V on 2 separate rails. 

Latest posts

Back