Mm. Why not! Microrack!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dogma said:
Sheez I didn't think asking to assist the designer, manufacturer in trying to source a cheap off the shelf psu - I was tring to help the community as well as help igor.
There are ,any people for whom this rack would be perfect - including me as I need a couple more channels.
I'm very green, don't know the rules or etiquette, obviously I've "offended" some by my noobishness. I'm still going to post on here if I find anything relevant.
So for those that had purchased 6-7 o. The first day - where they going to roll they're own?

These questions are fine. Please refer to power supply schematic below, this is what I use.

@Biasrocks: thank you for your note.
BTW, did you got SSL channel compressor project working?
One of great uses for Microrack for me, is Albatross pre-amp with SSL channel compressor.

Attachments

• urackps.GIF
    urackps.GIF
    62.5 KB · Views: 107
Igor said:

Yes.

Found an error in the original schematic, hope it didn't make it into yours.

Always happy to help out.

Regards,
Mark

Biasrocks said:
Igor said:

Yes.

Found an error in the original schematic, hope it didn't make it into yours.

Always happy to help out.

Regards,
Mark

Mark: you predictable ;) But this is the funny point I like in your posts!

A bit OT, but yes, I saw some minor differences between SSL bibles from different years which I have at workshop.

This unit is perfect for folks who have a 2-input-channel interface, like an mBox, a Duet, the new Symphony I/O 2x6.  Most people who get lunchboxes or 51X have an interface with more than 2 channels of analog input.

mulletchuck said:
This unit is perfect for folks who have a 2-input-channel interface, like an mBox, a Duet, the new Symphony I/O 2x6.  Most people who get lunchboxes or 51X have an interface with more than 2 channels of analog input.
Its great for anything, you can make a channel strip(without pre), like eq and compressor,

I am thinking of ordering one for my fet76 which i am finishing :) and then trying a pultec style project with doa.

Stacking, means buying a second microrack and it will need additional power supply? i dont see a connection for connecting voltages. So i will need to make a PSU with several outputs.

Thanks for these great projects.

Canidoit, I think it just becomes bothersome to some members to have to keep answering simple questions whose answers appear in the same thread. However, to those members, these answers were not presented in a straightforward fashion (i.e., all the relevant specs together in one place). In fact, the question of the power supply was initially fraught with heated discussion over it's very type. So I believe one can excuse the uninitiated for not being able to pick the relevant details out of the discussion.

Thank you, and the fact that experienced members where fighting initially over the design of the psu just goes to show that even experienced members don't know it all.
I was really taken aback by the remarks and kinda made me not want to bother with this place if that's the personalities participating. But thank god that like all groups your going to have a bell curve of both good and knowledgable people and you have the rest! Any way I've Agnew projects under my belt - I'm learning about electronics at the moment so just a helping hand was all I WAS/ possibly am to use the microrack.

Graph: the only thing needed to add to power supply unit to power up 2 or 3 "stacked" microracks is 5 pin XLR connectors and cables.
I use power supply rated tested continuously at 1A each 24V for 48 hours at local climatic conditions, with 0.5 amp resettable fuses,
and it feeds 2 Albatross pre's with 2 F-76 compressors just fine..

Latest posts

Back