My heavily modified Alesis Drum Machine!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzikliberated

hey Guys,
Just thought I would share this with the group. It's a modified HR-16 that I have been making a few of!!
You can skip the borgin bits where i go through patches, its to demo for my eBay auctions. But it makes some crazy sounds with all the mods I made!
Also check it out doing Marvin gaye's sexual healing! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTDyjEui2cs

Thanks dude, I have battled with with asking myself if it was a reasonable price or not, but you are quite right, it takes me quite a bit of time to create each machine.
I also invested in someone creating an application to create rom images in the same manner that alesis created them originally.

Although they said it was a 16-bit machine it was actually using 8-bit samples. they included some special algorithm that amplifies the sound of an 8-bit sample each time it reaches -6db to always keep the sound content above the 8-bit noise floor. it was a pretty good technique and I tracked down Marcus Ryle (no president of Line6) who actually wrote the programming for the original machine and he gave me a lot of help with it. It's amazing the willingness of some people to help, what a nice guy he is. and to remember what he did some 25 years or more ago! lol

I've been creating new custom rom sets that sound really good also, so if anyone has one of these machines, give me a shout I can also burn your own samples into a set. they make for great grooveboxes/live instruments.

:)

Back