Neumann capsule, how to open

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microphoniste

Hi there got an ak capsule by Neumann, and it is dead. Just wondering if it could be a mechanical or soldering issue. Neumann -as I Heard - is now very much offering a refurbishment process that is more expensive than the value of the mic itself…. Fair enough, that is how the world goes now. So before sending the capsule in, I would like to… just open it. Anybody knows how? May be just unsoldering the outer coper ring at the connecting base? Thanks a lot for any hint! Cheers Will

Attachments

• 8FFDBC3D-8668-4CDC-B917-0B39FDF3832D.png
    8FFDBC3D-8668-4CDC-B917-0B39FDF3832D.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
I think Khron asked for a view of the membrane, these pictures can't tell anything of the actual state of the membrane, you have to open it !
gently unscrew the inner silver ring with the two holes using nozeplier or anything subject to enter the two holes ... turn the capsule not the tool , the capsule will come out

Yeah, the first part houses a PCB that you can get to when you open the silver ring garp was speaking about. And you can unscrew the capsule part just as kingkorg says. If you're lucky, the capsule itself might be intact and you just have a dead PCB in the first half.

Best
Jannis

拆解过程很费劲,故障多,低频响应很差,拆解后发现Neumann用了一个不知名的结构电路,给你参考一下,不知道能不能帮上忙。

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg