neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a Chinese 4P24T switch for an attenuator, so I assume shorting, but I would ask first. There are other sellers also. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-step-DIY-Selector-switch-4-pole-Attenuator-Pot-New_W0QQitemZ110358070252QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Connectors_Switches_Wire?hash=item110358070252&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1729|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Hello!
I'm new in the forum, and I'm up to make a summing amp with the neumann v475...
...does anybody tryed to sum unbalanced signals with v475? Does it work well?
I read all the posts but wasn't so clear, thanks a lot! ;D

Welcome !

I'm not sure if I'm wrong or right on the unbalanced issue. Considering the ohms law, it would be unwise to connect the earths of multiple unbalanced connections to both the V475's earth and the cold inputs of the V475. But for some reason, if you'd connect a few unbalanced signals to the V475, it'll work. I don't know what will happen if you connect a lot of unbalanced signals though.

I suppose that the easiest way (without adding a balancing circuit to each input....), is to connect the shields of unbalanced signals to the cold inputs, and don't connect them to the earth of the V475. But, I'm not sure on that matter.

I hope somebody else here can explain what would be the best way to do this.

helterbelter said:
... I suppose that the easiest way (without adding a balancing circuit to each input....), is to connect the shields of unbalanced signals to the cold inputs, and don't connect them to the earth of the V475. But, I'm not sure on that matter.

this is exactly the way I would do it.
and this should (will) work hum free.

Thank you, I will try this way!
I have 16 unbalanced ch to sum they are modules from an '70 italian well sounding console (api clone), I was also thinking about balancing the out of each channel....
what do you think about?
maybe with NE5534 or if I found a cheap but good 1:1 transformer...
any advice? bye!

enricoribbon said:
Thank you, I will try this way!
I have 16 unbalanced ch to sum they are modules from an '70 italian well sounding console (api clone), I was also thinking about balancing the out of each channel....
what do you think about?
maybe with NE5534 or if I found a cheap but good 1:1 transformer...
any advice? bye!
I would use SSM2142 from Analog Devices. They "look like" 600R transformers for balancing outputs and driving long cables.

[silent:arts] said:
[quote author="MikoKensington"]What is that PSU in there?
this is my own little PSU241 - good for all the Neumann projects.
schematic
pcb

[quote author="MikoKensington"]Also is the input arrangement 1-L, 2-R, 3-L, 4-R, etc.?[/quote]
yes
[/quote]
HEY VOLKER
checked the links about pcb and schematics but no doc found
please there is another link that work?
thanks in advance
6T9R

the "mod" (for the Neumann V475-2B)is replacing the MO-12 boards with 4 jumpers:

475_mod.jpg

look at the schematic to understand.
(www.kubarth.com)

[quote author="digichild"]you mean you exchanged some caps?all?is this necessary cos they are too old?
I have exchanged all caps because Neumann used a brand in this one I have to replace a lot at work - so I just did it in advance.
[/quote]

Thats mean....R13 to C1 and R14 to C2.....and left the MO-12 Filter Board out.....and the same for another channel of the V475-2b....That's all?????

Opacheco

that's all ;D

silent:arts,

Ey man!!...I did it you were right very simple....everything is ok!!. I would like to know if I can a similar BYPASS filter wires conection in the Telefunken V672/2, I readed that have a pair of pins(10 and 11) in order to BYPASS the low pass Filter but I am not sure.

Do you know how I can do that???

Thanks again!!!!!!
Opacheco

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270474084727&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I bought this one for my V475 2B, works like a charm. The tracking between the wafers is also very precise, the guy did match the resistors. No plops like what you get when you use a bbm rotaryswitch.

This is a great deal.

opacheco said:
that's all ;D

silent:arts,

Ey man!!...I did it you were right very simple....everything is ok!!. I would like to know if I can a similar BYPASS filter wires conection in the Telefunken V672/2, I readed that have a pair of pins(10 and 11) in order to BYPASS the low pass Filter but I am not sure.

Do you know how I can do that???

Thanks again!!!!!!
Opacheco

Any comments!!!
Opacheco

http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=2;GROUPID=3234;ARTICLE=36355;SID=311rBeeqwQAR8AADB0KV82cc7f6b7fa658a5ecd7b033962d27c54

Back