neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my V475 should arrive next week, i was jsut wondering, anyone who has done this.
Will i need to recap the board, if so does anyone have any advice?

It looks to me like theres a custom attenuator on the gain control, could you give me a bit more info on this.
Sorry for total noob questions, just learnign as I go. :)

Autophase said:
Ah ok, so do I make this up may self or are they available from some supplier?
no supplier for this.
and - it is an option you don't have to do (I'm not aware of any Neumann mixing desk using it switchable).

you can use RG for unity gain.
if you need / want some volume control add any switchable PAD / Potentiometer to the output.

switching RG is more elegant in my opinion, mine is -6dB to +6dB.
I normaly mix at 0dB.

the hard part is you need a 4 deck switch if you want to switch it in stereo (two resistors per channel)

ho, erm this may sound like a very lame question, but I cant remove the filter board, I've cleaned the solder from the 5 pads but the board wont budge and i dont wanna apply too much force. am i missing something?

Hi, I have removed the filter board and jumpered the connections, now I have a couple of simple questions.
I know I need to have a 5k1 resistor for each of the 2 + & - pins from each input, then do I just combine all the + pins post resistors and all the - pins post resistors?
Am I also right in thinking I need to keep all the odd numbered inputs sum seperate from all the even numbered inputs sum to represent L&R respectively?
My final question is where do I connect these to on the V475 board?

Sorry for total noob questions, is there a schematic for this project that I have missed?

Thanks Guys

hey autophase, check Kubi's site for the schematics and pinouts :
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/index.cgi

Autophase said:
I know I need to have a 5k1 resistor for each of the 2 + & - pins from each input, then do I just combine all the + pins post resistors and all the - pins post resistors?
Am I also right in thinking I need to keep all the odd numbered inputs sum seperate from all the even numbered inputs sum to represent L&R respectively?

This is correct, after combining all the inputs you should have L+, L-, R+, and R-, and a ground.

helterbelter said:
hey autophase, check Kubi's site for the schematics and pinouts :
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/index.cgi

Autophase said:

This is correct, after combining all the inputs you should have L+, L-, R+, and R-, and a ground.

Thank you so much, the schematic will come in very handy.

what did everyone else do with the pins? remove the header from the V475 board? or make up some connector, or are they available? I see the pins are very fine.

Yes, DIN 41612.
Be sure that you've got either the 64 (AC, not AB) pin or 96 pin (ABC) version. There are also other options available, but if you got one as mentioned, you'll be safe.

As a matter of fact, I have got one left. If you want it, drop me an email.

Back