neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going to be working on a V475-2B that I bought years ago soon and will probably report in here if I have issues lol. measured the Harting connector pinout for 0v / ground continuity and here's what I ended up with, in case this is useful to anyone.

also attached higher res V475-2B schematic and V475-2A service manual (original German, searchable thanks to Acrobat and then a messy Google Translated version to English... you need to copy-and-paste the text out of it)

CONNECTION NOTES:
  • Channel 1 power supply "0V" (pins C14 and C16) do not share continuity with Channel 2 power supply "0V" pins C18 and C20

• +24V input pins for Channel 1 (pins A14 and A16) do not share continuity with +24V input pins for Channel 2 (pins A18 and A20). Any reason for this?

• Channel 1 "0V" ref does not connect to Chassis Ground / earth, BUT the Channel 2 "0V" ref does connect to Chassis Ground: all metal bolt holes and also the metal plate that runs down the middle of the card.

• ALL Channel 1 (input and output signal AND power supply) "0V" pins share continuity with each other. This "0V" ref is also tied to the transformer shield on Channel 1.
    • Ch.1 "0V" pins sharing continuity are A6, A10, C6, C10, C14, and C16.
  • ALL Channel 2 (input and output signal AND power supply) "0V" pins share continuity with each other. This "0V" ref is also tied to the transformer shield on Channel 2.
    • As mentioned, all Channel 2 "0V" connections are also tied to Chassis Ground.
    • Ch.2 "0V" pins sharing continuity are A24, A28, C18, C20, C24, and C28.

Attachments

• Neumann V475-2B Pinout Gnd Continuity.png
    Neumann V475-2B Pinout Gnd Continuity.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 1
  • neumann_V475-2B_Schematic.pdf
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
  • neumann_V475-2A_ServiceManual.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • neumann_V475-2A_ServiceManual (Google Translate to English).pdf
    880.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello,
I am interested into building some summing busses with these Neumanns 475 2c for my API modules for the returns effects.
I would like to know where could I find the built in recommendations in order to select the value of the input resistors for a 16 channels inputs for exemple. And Principally, I am interested in order to get everything interesting to build this summing.
Could you please tell me where to find these informations?
Best Regards,
Francois

…and another one,here you can see the resistors directly mounted on the SIEMENS plugs,the relays board etc.
Hi Kante1603, I notice you are from Munich. Well, I work in Munich and live "not that far". I am interested to build 2 summing to create busses for my home built "custom console". I am interested to know how to define the resistor value for a 16 inputs solution... Could you please help me? Grüß, Francois

Latest posts

Back