Neumann Vintage U87 Clone : Build Thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I have a JLI TSC-2 that I just ordered and am wondering how to make this work since the backplates aren’t isolated. Ideas? Ripped off by the JLI?
I went with JLI after watching @Wordsushi 's YouTube vid recommending them and I suspect that in the past they've maybe had different capsules and have changed supplier maybe? I can definitely say that their capsule isn't a Takstar for sure.

I went with JLI after watching @Wordsushi 's YouTube vid recommending them and I suspect that in the past they've maybe had different capsules and have changed supplier maybe? I can definitely say that their capsule isn't a Takstar for sure.
Yeah, the capsule looks different from the picture they show on their website. If I could figure out how to eke out some more sensitivity so I wouldn’t have to turn my preamp up so high, that’d make it better, for sure. I mostly use cardioid and so not having Fig8 isn’t a huge downer. I’m going to try changing the Zener from 24V to 33V first and see if sensitivity improves a little.

Back