Neve 1290 build completed!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try eBay! I bought two of them for $12 both :grin: hehehe.. lucky I am! but was not easy, and I saw two times they been sold on eBay since then!

Cheers :guinness:

Eddie :thumb:

The triple gang Grayhill switches are now in stock (71BDF30-03-1-AJN).... They are GBP 14.30 each

Price excludes freight and VAT [if applicable]

They should appear in our on-line store on Monday (AML part number GR-03-001)?

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

I'll need 2 of those as well as 2 Carnhill output transformers. Which Carnhill do you recommend?

afaik, the 1290 has all the pin holes (the pcbs are in the studio) but solder pads only for the pins you need.

these are the same ones Martin used.

There are no "cut off" pins.... they are the type used by Martin Adriaanse.

If you click on the photo in the store you will see the switch in detail.
[That statement goes for all the products in the store].

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

To clarify, on earlier revisions of the EZ1290 board, you'll still want to use the Grayhill 71BDF30-03-1-AJN that Colin sells, but you have to cut a few of the pins. Pls see instructions for EARLY revision boards here:

http://musiciansgig.com/ez1290/assembly2.pdf

For version 2.0 and up you will not need to cut any pins; the 71BDF30-03-1-AJN drops right in. Pls see instructions for V2.0 and up boards here:

http://musiciansgig.com/ez1290/assembly.pdf

As of Feb. 4, 2008 I sell version 2.1 of the EZ1290 board.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Colin for making life EZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :green:

M.

good question well asked!!

and thanks to Colin, my Grayhills arrived nice and bonny today, excellent service and very speedy!!

so let the fun begin

Iain

Hi Bluzzi/Lofi,

V2.1 has some very minor layout tweaks for some of the EH10023 components.

-The pin spacing on the large 470uF/35V's has been fixed
-The silkscreening for wires going to the PCB has been made easier to understand.
-The trace between "P" and "L" has been replaced with a jumper, so you don't have to cut the trace when you install a trimmer (or eq section for that matter). Did I ever mention that I still think trimmers are a bad idea? :)

**These changes have no effect on the sound and just make life a bit simpler**

In the future I will also design a EZ1290 V2.1L or something similar, with switchable line-in section (using 31267). I already have a rough draft of this. This will be for people who want to add the Neve 1073 EQ section to their 1290's. Since a "full" 1073's I/O AND Gain is handled by a 1290, this makes a lot of sense.

All the best,

M.

I just finished my dual 1290... man... I'm impressed, I brought them to my friend's studio, just to hear how they sounded, and he just doesn't want to give me back my preamp... hehehehe!
I need more PCB's from you, just thinking to build a 8 channel :)
So, please let me know when the new PCB becomes available :)
I'll put photos in a near future ;)
Thanks a lot!!!

Cheers :guinness:

Eddie :thumb:

In the future I will also design a EZ1290 V2.1L or something similar, with switchable line-in section (using 31267). I already have a rough draft of this.

Could this be used just as a regular line input too, without any eq-section? Any idea when the "V2.1L" is going to be available? Roughly?

Thanks,
Miska

Maybe I have overlooked something in this thread, or maybe not, but I would like to add an output pot so that I have more control over the preamp trim. How can this be obtained?

Adam

Hi Eddie,

Great job!! I hope you'll enjoy the preamps for many recordings to come!

Miska: yes, V2.1line could be used a as a regular line input as well (no eq). I will only make V2.1line PCB's if there's sufficient demand, or if Bluzzi or someone else finishes the EZ1073EQ section. Most people just want a preamp.

Adam: pls see http://musiciansgig.com/ez1290/trimmer.pdf Please note that on the new V2.1 PCB's, the trace that is cut to accommodate the trimmer has been replaced with a jumper wire. This makes it far simpler to add a trimmer, or an EQ section for that matter.

All the best,

Martin

Back