Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested for 2 of each depending on price to Australia too. That is if the blue ones are the trim knobs, if they're all just the big gain knobs then 2 red.

Is this a group buy or you have a load of spares?

Either way I'm down for four red gain selection knobs.

For the board to fit into an API lunchbox (+/- 16v), there needs to be a little physical modification to the board where the 51x  pins are-- the gap needs to be larger, otherwise it won't fit in. I don't want to cut them off as i'll be moving to 51x in the future :)

desun said:
For the board to fit into an API lunchbox (+/- 16v), there needs to be a little physical modification to the board where the 51x  pins are-- the gap needs to be larger, otherwise it won't fit in. I don't want to cut them off as i'll be moving to 51x in the future :)

I originally designed as an 'either' rather than swappable, and as such, used the old trusted 'cut em of' method. 
However, I did think about the possibility of making the gap a bit bigger, (forego the -24V rail) and then you wouldn't need to cut the +24V rail off to fit in the +-16V lunchbox. 
After making the gap bigger...  do you feel the +24V finger now is a bit compromised/not as physically strong, or is it ok?  That was the only thing stopping me from just going ahead with it.  (But I'm probably over-paranoid!) 

Hi Guys,
i've created a feeler thread for the knobs,
sorry for hijacking your thread Onlymeee
best regards,
Francois

Hooray! They are alive!
Thank you David. It was pleasure to build and trafos connecting idea is brilliant.

-Paavo

nv73.jpg

Knobs are Keystones if anyone intrested

shabtek said:
lockwashers go inside
I prefer starwasher against nut so it really locks something.
In fact switch comes with two nuts, one starwasher and one washer where is a little flange intended to bend over height adjustment nut placed inside and lock it.

Knobs are from Digikey.

-Paavo

Back