Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this is a dumb comment, but what's with all the SMDs on the Neve??

Though my EZ1290's aren't as compact as 500 series, at least I don't have any SMD resistors...

Crusty2 said:
MagnetoSound said:
funkymonksf said:
Have you seen this? Just released by AMS Neve.

Wow, that's the worst looking front panel I've ever seen from them.

Does the switch cutout look like it's been filed by hand? ???

That, and the awful screening. Surprising that they could QC that and say it's OK, let alone use it for a press shot.

Hey guys, cheers for the nice comments
Yeah I saw that..  hmmm, surface mounted parts hey...

I find it strange why they wouldn't use authentic parts like their 1073 (full eq version) reissue... must be purely cost (parts and labour) reasons ?

I'm surprised it's been taken so positively to by the gearslutz... I guess the red N on the front means alot.
I'm also planning to do some small runs of readymade modules, but although no red N on the front... no smd either!

Is that a 1deck 24 position switch?  Or are the other pins hidden somewhere? 

madriaanse said:
I'm beginning to think MFG's get their ideas from this forum? :)

M.

Haha, I wouldn't mind if they didn't miss the details that make mine and yours good!!! authentic circuit AND authentic parts !!

@funkymonksf  ... well done on the build! pics! pics!

Making slow progress on mine.

Question: I'm stuffing resistors on the main board and I notice R51 beside 2N3055 is a 1-watt 270R, the part Mouser bagged up and sent me says it's a 1-watt but it's only a hair bigger (if at all) than the 1/4-watt resistors they sent me. Is that right? I would've thought it would be bigger and wanted to check before I solder it in. I can post a pic if needed.

Neil said:
Making slow progress on mine.

Question: I'm stuffing resistors on the main board and I notice R51 beside 2N3055 is a 1-watt 270R, the part Mouser bagged up and sent me says it's a 1-watt but it's only a hair bigger (if at all) than the 1/4-watt resistors they sent me. Is that right? I would've thought it would be bigger and wanted to check before I solder it in. I can post a pic if needed.

3nity said:
resistors are smaller now...technology..

Yep!

Neil said:
1-watt but it's only a hair bigger (if at all) than the 1/4-watt resistors they sent me. Is that right? I would've thought it would be bigger

just a little tip: it's a good idea to install these higher wattage resistors sitting a little proud of the pcb - just a mm or two - that way they can dissipate heat from all sides and you don't scorch the pcb etc.

haima said:
Neil said:
1-watt but it's only a hair bigger (if at all) than the 1/4-watt resistors they sent me. Is that right? I would've thought it would be bigger

just a little tip: it's a good idea to install these higher wattage resistors sitting a little proud of the pcb - just a mm or two - that way they can dissipate heat from all sides and you don't scorch the pcb etc.
Good tip Haima! I have to start putting that into practice.

Neil said:
Does the stop pin on the gain switch go at the 12 o'clock position? I thought it was mentioned somewhere but can't find it.

switch.gif

Slenderchap said:
Hopefully we shoud have them again by the end of this week.

Colin

Was I dreaming or did you have a parts kit for these up on the site before?

API

The kit was "turned off" in the on-line store as it contained the GR-03-001 switch which was out of stock..... but the switches have now come back in so it will be "turned back on"...

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Latest posts

Back