Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no money for this, but lord she's a beaut- I will smash my piggy bank and buy some pcb's tho if only one run is going to be offered.

Looks beautiful.  I would be in for two 500 Neve pres.

Waiting anxiously to hear more about these.

This really good looking (and sounding obviosly due knob) project interes many that's for sure.
Im in with four boards  ;D

What might be timetable?

-Paavo  

Shouldn't be too long.
Working on it as we speak.
I've had it in the studio for the last month giving it a good thorough testing.
I've changed/changing a few things which is why the delay  (After using it for a good while and asking some others for feedback I've shufflled settings down one to fit an extra +10dB line setting. For when you need some gain at line level, also works for a hot mic when 20dB is too high. eg. NS10 cone on a kick)  (Also tweaked a few things round on PCB to make assembly easier. It was a bit fiddly for my liking.)

So to sum up...  Working on improving it for you all and shouldn't be too long!

Is that flux or pheromones that I smell?
I see that this heapum-cool project is in a interdimensional race with at least two commercial companies trying to do the same thing. 
Steady on, old boy. 
The 500 series re-birth is a fantastic shot in the arm for "console" building.  It is like things are going in full circle back to the 60's in a really good way for once.
Mike

Is there a rough (obviously we won't hold you to anything) price on a completed unit? Or are you considering a run with transformers or anything, maybe a full parts kit?

TheGuitarist said:
Is there a rough (obviously we won't hold you to anything) price on a completed unit? Or are you considering a run with transformers or anything, maybe a full parts kit?

Tis a good question.  I'm still trying to finalise pricing, but for a rough estimate, it's looking like it will be around the same kind of a price another certain London '500-series connoisseur' charges.  For the first run at least, it will PCB & metalwork/hardware.  Possibly later down the line, I'll do full kits/transformers etc.

So cool! Very glad to hear you got the metalwork in the works. Such a pain in the arse. Hey were you even planning to do a kit when you built it or did just happen to be? Either way makes my world prettier knowing I'll have a sassy neve 1290 in my lunchbox! Good things are on their way!

-Brice Conrad

Really excited for this ;D I had an opportunity to track on an 88r back when I was at school, i miss that neve pre sound :)

I'm down for at least one probably two for the initial pcb and metalwork run

Latest posts

Back