Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sent off today for a small run of pcbs with the changes I made.  When they arrive and I build and make sure all is well, then they'll be available.

babyhead said:
onlymeeee said:
sent off today for a small run of pcbs with the changes I made.  When they arrive and I build and make sure all is well, then they'll be available.
;D

So... over the weekend, I built the new revision PCB.  All good, all good. (Noise around the same as the Neve 1073. Same output level. Freq response all good. Current (incl. inrush) stays within the 130mA VPR specs.) 

So now gonna order some more metal work now with the slightly different numbering and a bigger batch of PCBs.  Home straight!

quick lil pic..
2cp3tsl.jpg

canidoit said:
Onlymeee, will you be selling a FULL kit version, components and all or supply a BOM with links and a well written build manual for the newbies ; )

I think a full kit would be great because I don't think people will build this unit not to sound like a Neve 1073.

To start with it will be PCBs and metal work/hardware.  I'll supply BOM, (possibly with the mouser EZbuy tool.. so you just copy and paste the whole thing and voila, it all appears in the basket.)

Manual..sure.  Though, it's quite straight forward I think.  Part values AND part designations are on the pcb for each part. They're the same part designation as the Neve schematic too.

There's space behind there for a trim pot or fader pot (depending what you want).  Theres pads there. Essentially the trim replaces a resistor.  Just have to drill the hole.

Depending on what people want, I thought that'd be the best way. That way you can have it minimal, like  what I've done, or trim or full fader etc.

As for Neve knobs, I got knobs from Neve direct.  However, I did get a quote locally detailed on the 'marconi reverse..' thread.  Which I'm sure in the near future, will happen.  Either myself or Skylar, or someone else.

Latest posts

Back