New Design 1176 Boards + 900 Power Supply Boards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
audiophreak said:
.. O.K.... I have read this thread ( if I missed it I apologies ) , and did a search with no results, I ordered one of the new double-sided power supply boards to supply four W492 channels. I plan on using the trimmers to set voltages, but dont know anything about the red and green LEDs , what do they do ?   Quote - "  LED current setting resistors R1, R2 are for the +30/-10 volt supply. If you are using different output voltages you should calculate the correct value for R1 and R2 for the typical voltage on each output. " I also dont know how to calculate values for R1,R2. or the relationship between R1,R2 and the red and green LEDs.

... a little help please   ;D

Thanks,
          Chip

They show you that you have power from the power supply and could be used on the front panel to show that your hot.

The led's typically have a current maximum of 20 mA, set those resistor values using ohms law and your set output voltage to achieve say 12-14 ma for a normal and 8-10 for the brighter LEDs...

You can not worry about it if you don't want to use them.

kazper said:
audiophreak said:
.. O.K.... I have read this thread ( if I missed it I apologies ) , and did a search with no results, I ordered one of the new double-sided power supply boards to supply four W492 channels. I plan on using the trimmers to set voltages, but dont know anything about the red and green LEDs , what do they do ?   Quote - "  LED current setting resistors R1, R2 are for the +30/-10 volt supply. If you are using different output voltages you should calculate the correct value for R1 and R2 for the typical voltage on each output. " I also dont know how to calculate values for R1,R2. or the relationship between R1,R2 and the red and green LEDs.

... a little help please   ;D

Thanks,
          Chip

They show you that you have power from the power supply and could be used on the front panel to show that your hot.

The led's typically have a current maximum of 20 mA, set those resistor values using ohms law and your set output voltage to achieve say 12-14 ma for a normal and 8-10 for the brighter LEDs...

You can not worry about it if you don't want to use them.

Thanks kazper ,  does that mean that if I do not want to use them, I can just leave them out all together ?

EDIT - removed stupid statement  ;D

Would it be possible to move questions about the circuit to The Lab? This is the White Market thread for board sales.

Someone else started a thread about the power supply here: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=37008.0 but it is, after all, just a datasheet application for the adjustable voltage regulators.

mnats,
ordered 2 rev f/g pcbs through Hairball and haven't received any order confirmation from you, just want to find out what's up.  Should I PM you the order number or something?

beaversaber said:
mnats,
ordered 2 rev f/g pcbs through Hairball and haven't received any order confirmation from you, just want to find out what's up.  Should I PM you the order number or something?
Zip code 21042? Your order shipped on the 6th of April 2010.

I'm not sure how I missed sending the acknowledgment email, sorry.

have resent payment in$us as requested  i missed it first time around sorry my bad :-[email sent but P.M. full

cheers
Geoff

:)

Dear Mnats

Can you confirm that you have my order? $20 sent via paypal, Rev J Board set

Many thanks

Matt

New Soul Rebel said:

Dear Mnats

Many thanks

Matt

Acknowledgment email sent Saturday 10 April 2010 to your Paypal ID (you did not specify any other email address) confirming shipment for Monday 12 April 2010.

Did you not receive it?

Hi Mnats

The rev. F boards arrived, very quickly, all safe and sound. Thank you kindly. The Mnats/Hairball compatibility is perfect.

Stuart

mnats said:
New Soul Rebel said:

Dear Mnats

Many thanks

Matt

Acknowledgment email sent Saturday 10 April 2010 to your Paypal ID (you did not specify any other email address) confirming shipment for Monday 12 April 2010.

Did you not receive it?

MNATS! You the Man! received it today. Wicked thanks.

Regards Matt

New Soul Rebel said:
mnats said:
New Soul Rebel said:

Dear Mnats

Many thanks

Matt

Did you not receive it?

MNATS! You the Man! received it today. Wicked thanks.

Regards Matt

Seems crazy that it took six days to get your acknowledgment email...

Mako,

are you still gonna do the UA mic pre of yours? Any news?
Have you ever looked into the Delcon console that Bill Putnam made and that lives in Ocean Way? It's an opamp based pre but it sounds so good!

Michael

Mnats, you wrote in the rev d thread that you are working on a new rev a schematic. Does this mean a new rev a PCB, with an exact copy of the rev a (101-125)?

MNATS:

I'd like to buy a Rev J 1176 clone board... but your PM inbox is full.  Please PM me with email/payment details.  Thanks.

ChrioN said:
Mnats, you wrote in the rev d thread that you are working on a new rev a schematic. Does this mean a new rev a PCB, with an exact copy of the rev a (101-125)?

I'm redrawing the existing schematic to include the input transformer and the T attenuator so it will accurately reflect the new wiring page(s) I'm working on. The 101-125 serial numbers are what the existing boards are based upon and it should be pretty easy to modify the sidechain Q bias, buy a big zener etc if you really have to have it exactly like the original. Seems that most people are finding the post s/n 125 versions are more stable; what did you want to achieve?

jerevans said:
MNATS:

I'd like to buy a Rev J 1176 clone board... but your PM inbox is full.  Please PM me with email/payment details.  Thanks.

All the details required for ordering are contained in the first post of this thread.

Cool! I don't want to achieve anything, the existing rev a boards are absolutely perfect! Just wanted to know exactly what you ment  8)

mnats said:
I'm redrawing the existing schematic to include the input transformer and the T attenuator so it will accurately reflect the new wiring page(s) I'm working on. The 101-125 serial numbers are what the existing boards are based upon and it should be pretty easy to modify the sidechain Q bias, buy a big zener etc if you really have to have it exactly like the original. Seems that most people are finding the post s/n 125 versions are more stable; what did you want to achieve?

Back