New design API 525... UPDATE.. METAL IN..PCBs IN

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - I realized that after I saw the sneak peek of the prototype a few posts back!  (I'm a dunce  :D )

Well - This might be what gets me into the 11-slot 51x rack!  I'll go ahead and say I'm in for a stereo pair of the 525's contingent on pricing.  That will get me into the 51x rack FOR SURE!

Thanks for this wonderful project!  8)

have you ever "adjusted" the attack knob on an 1176? The 525 is equally as fast, I don't think it's necessary to add an attack pot :)

cheers
christoph

crisotop said:
have you ever "adjusted" the attack knob on an 1176? The 525 is equally as fast, I don't think it's necessary to add an attack pot :)

Are you saying you use your 1176 with the fastest possible attack, all the time?

If so, you're missing out on some really good stuff!

nope, but variing the attack doesn't change the sound as much as with slower compressors. The slowest possible attack on an 1176 is still ueberfast.

best,
Christoph

First post! Yaay ;-)

If possible, and by that I mean, if my wallet let's me, I am in for 2 of these!

Will these work in the API lunchboxes?

Thanks!

I am interested to hear the attack mod sometime:
I can post a soundclip with varying attack on the 525. I'd probably do a simple acoustic guitar track, unless there's a better suggestion.

I am interested to hear the attack mod sometime:
I ran a guitar track though finally -
The first time through the chord progression, 525 on bypass.
Switches in with attack fast (ccw) at 18secs
Attack goes to 10oclock at 31 secs
Attack goes to 2oclock at 45 secs
Attack goes to 5oclock at 59 secs
Attack goes back to fully ccw (fast) at 1:13

http://www.p*ro*bsti*nno*vat*ion.com/525_changeAttack.wav
remove *s

Back