New RED BOXES - VU meter unit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissugar

Hi all

After the passive bus mixer, this is the second new unit I finished from the projects I described at:
http://www.groupdiy.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=20788

Nothing spectacular, four SIFAM AL29 meters and four simple buffers in a box. I built this as a universal VU meter unit (for mix and mastering), mostly to complement my future modular mastering console. Two pairs of meters, one for the signal before the mastering process, the second for post process metering.

Here in the company of my new pssive bus mixer:
CMS-LAB-VU1-1.jpg

CMS-LAB-VU1-2.jpg

back panel:
CMS-LAB-VU1-3.jpg

perfect complemet for the digital peak meters:
CMS-LAB-VU1-4.jpg

CMS-LAB-VU1-5.jpg

CMS-LAB-VU1-6.jpg

chrissugar

P.S. In the next days, Iwill post pics with my variation on 1176 theme. :grin:

Absolutely perfect. My congratulations...
And a question....where you found this kind of aluminium front panel? I mean the silver one.

cheers

At Crane Song Ltd., but really expensive. Just kidding. But you were kidding too, right? :wink:

At Crane Song Ltd., but really expensive. Just kidding. But you were kidding too, right?

hahaha :razz: i was thinking that was a diy project. I didn't saw crane song company's name . Because this front panel (colour and material) is my favorite i wrote immediately about it.... :oops:

cheers

[quote author="electrog"]dude! TWO hedd 192's...as though the red boxes aren't pimping enough...

really nice work.[/quote]
My thought was, if you guys will not like my new toy, at least you can have some entertainment with those HEDDs.
Anyway, what can be impressive about a box with some meters, buffers and PSU ? :grin:

[quote author="FotisGR"]Absolutely perfect. My congratulations...
And a question....where you found this kind of aluminium front panel? I mean the silver one. [/quote]
Ouch! This really hurt me. OK, now I go to comit a seppuku (hara-kiri). :grin:

[quote author="laitue5"]At Crane Song Ltd., but really expensive.[/quote]
Yeah, 3.5 grands per front panel is expensive, but at least they give you what is inside the box for free. :green:

chrissugar

Latest posts

Back