New u87 Body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716_211130.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_211130.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230716_211142.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_211142.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230716_211201.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_211201.jpg
    833.6 KB · Views: 4
Here's the thread with images of B2 vs u67.

A while ago I posted some pictures of two different versions B-2 Pro (not B-2 which was cardioid only), along with a U67 for comparison.
It happened in a feeler thread regarding useable bodies for poctop's DU67 PCB. It seems that thread was removed altogether.
Last week a fellow member PM-ed me to ask if I could re-post the Behringer pictures.
It was a selection from quite a few pictures I took and I'm not sure if this selection is the same. But it should give an idea.

DSC02657.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

DSC02659.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

Interior pictures next.

I'll concede the Behringer mesh reminds me a lot of Borris Carloff's head in Frankenstein :D
but then again having non parrallel sides might cause less reflections inside the headshell.
Ive used both B-1 and older B-2 as a basis for tube mic conversions and am vey happy with the results , I know some wont want their mic to have a Behringer logo on it ,but as its engraved not much you can do appart from fill and paint the outside . I'll live with the fairly nice quality nickel plating and funky headbasket , if anyone makes dissparaging comments on the logo I give them a look inside and they shut up fairly quickly .
1689540184467.png

I found this video. I don't know what about he talking. Also i can't find this mic in shops. But on YouTube at least 2 different video about it.

Temu (Shop from the video) sells promotional goods with limited quantity. When gone, gone.

The regular price was just under 30€, this super low price was valid only once for new customers .

And that’s just a jewel where the switch opening would be on the front?

I got a free $100 U87 on Alibaba once because I asked if it had the switch/hole in the illustration photo, but it didn’t. I screenshotted the conversation and sent it to Alipay and they refunded me. Ask specific questions with Ali vendors.

And that’s just a jewel where the switch opening would be on the front?

I got a free $100 U87 on Alibaba once because I asked if it had the switch/hole in the illustration photo, but it didn’t. I screenshotted the conversation and sent it to Alipay and they refunded me. Ask specific questions with Ali vendors.
There's actually a hole there, and purple ring under.

I have tried this donor body. It does fit Danny's tapered boards, but also had a bad resonance in the 100Hz + range that was noticeable/sensitive with any movement. I haven't had this issue with other donor bodies. Same dimensions as a Neumann

I have tried this donor body. It does fit Danny's tapered boards, but also had a bad resonance in the 100Hz + range that was noticeable/sensitive with any movement. I haven't had this issue with other donor bodies. Same dimensions as a Neumann
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Do you think this resonance could be countered with some sort of deadening material to reduce internal resonances?

I also have the same body and can report the Fuchs 87 boards fit perfectly in it, but also I have the resonance issue. I tried some self-adhesive rubber strips on the inside of the shell, but mostly the resonance seems to be coming from the headbasket, or probably more accurately, the capsule deck and the rails and the headbasket combined.
I tried damping the underside of the capsule deck. I tried zip ties on the rails to stop them from vibrating but so far, nothing I've tried works.
However, overall I really like the body a lot.

I also acquired from Aliexpress. I didn't have any luck with dampening. I only tried neoprene, but I got a real tire-shop vibe with that lol
I also have the same body and can report the Fuchs 87 boards fit perfectly in it, but also I have the resonance issue. I tried some self-adhesive rubber strips on the inside of the shell, but mostly the resonance seems to be coming from the headbasket, or probably more accurately, the capsule deck and the rails and the headbasket combined.
I tried damping the underside of the capsule deck. I tried zip ties on the rails to stop them from vibrating but so far, nothing I've tried works.
However, overall I really like the body a lot.
Thanks! ;)

Just to add to my observations about the resonance of this body. When I tightly grip the mic around the ring at the bottom of the headbasket and tap the body, no resonance. If I grip the top of the headbasket so that I have thumb and forefinger holding the structure rail that goes over the top and holds the mesh in place, no resonance, so I'm currently inclined to believe it's this headbasket rail that is the culprit.

Latest posts

Back