Not completed Harrison 32C EQ PCB Designs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbertR

GDIY Supporter
Hi, I found months ago somewhere in the web schematics, non working Gerbers and a Layout of a 32C EQ of a Harrison Console. Does anyone know who designed them? I cannot find any informations? Does anyone know how to get the Gerbers working? The Layout and schematics look promising. Would be great if the Gerbers would work. But I have no experience in PCB designing...
Regards

Attachments

• 32c EQ.png
    32c EQ.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Gerber 8-20-15.zip
    64.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 32c Board Image.png
    32c Board Image.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 4
Some components have only one leg connected...seem like the ground plane is not filed :rolleyes: (at least in the picture, I don't dl/open .grb)
Cheers
Zam

PCB design can be make (there are engineers that wil make one) but how correct is these shematic?
http://www.yannluaudio.com/ make clone of this eq. Yannl layout and component are different and i miss here trims for freq instellingen.
Bij river audio i see that they also use out transformer.

This original console strip with eq

Attachments

• 32-series_schematics_InOut.jpg
    32-series_schematics_InOut.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 10
Just checked that .zip using gerbv and I don't see top or bottom layers (GTL, GBL). No way to fix that.
[No way to fix that] -- Actually.....there is!!! Between using the available GERBER files, the available schematics and the GERBER editing program that I have (i.e. $3,200), I could create/generate those missing layers and I have done that before. It ain't easy or fun to do, but it -- IS -- "fixable".

I was once contacted by a specialized "military-related" company that had some Ph.D's design PCB's for a piece equipment they were developing that would be able to detect a variety of "hazardous" materials. The PCB's ended up being "non-manufacturable" because the layouts were all screwed up. The Ph.D dudes wouldn't release their actual CAD-design files so the PCB layouts could be fixed and improved, so all that the "military-related" company had were the GERBER files to work with.

The "military-related" company brought me in and the first thing that I had them do is to buy the same GERBER-editing software that I use here-at-home. Once it was installed, I then proceeded to painstakingly go through each entire set of GERBER files for each PCB and carefully edit each individual file in order to correct the various layout errors inherent within each PCB. Once I had fixed each set of PCB GERBER files, I then did a "Save As" and generated a new set of GERBER and N/C Drill files. My new GERBER files, while fixed, were still not "as good" as I could have done had I been able to perform the original layouts. But, they were much better than before and were easily manufacturable. And, for my efforts.....the "military-related" company had paid me $70 per hour!!! So much for what you can get out of someone with a Ph.D!!!

/

Hi,
Well, in the mean time, life happened... Really sorry. My summer break will start in 2 weeks though, so i expect progress soon, as i have all the components in house now.
So, i just soldered everything i could. I also realized that the company i ordered potentiometers from screwed up and send me log types instead of linear ones for the 10k pots. So it'll take a bit more time than expected...

So, i just soldered everything i could. I also realized that the company i ordered potentiometers from screwed up and send me log types instead of linear ones for the 10k pots. So it'll take a bit more time than expected...
Were you ever able to get everything worked out with your project here??? Do you have any updated PCB, schematic and/or GERBER files to review? The entire world is awaiting for your new proclamation!!!

/

That was ForthMonkey projects, now calls Analogobsession who make plugins! Real name is Ridvan Tunca!

He has lots of that projects, which were not finished!

Latest posts

Back