NV73EQ addon

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I badly need a new VTB9045 PCB because my input transformer died and it was impossible to remove it from the old PCB. I am not getting a reply from the support and I noticed that the NV73 kit is should out. Does anyone know if "The Don Audio Classics" is still in business at all? Not sure how to proceed here. I might have to make a new PCB at a fab house, but I'd really like to avoid the hassle and the cost. Any ideas?

also curious about this ! no replies and it didnt say it was sold out until check out ... so had already ordered some vintage transformers etc =/

Don Audio is still in business, I just bought the NV73EQ add on, David contacted me about shipping. Seems a bunch of his stuff is out of stock, because of Grayhill switch manufacturing delays..

Hi all… not sure if this is the official support thread for nv73 preamp.
Anyway after few years I finally got the time to plug the pre and start testing. I’d like to know if somebody already run through my same problem if I can call it like that.
So before plug-in to a power source I checked all the test point like David said on the build manual and it passed all of them. When I got to the point to power on the unit I already had a dmm between case and the 2n3055. Nothing smoked and that was good, but I got a value of 0.85mV.
In the Manual said that if I have any value NO LESS than 21V to unplugged the unit right away. And I did it.
The bias trim os already fully turn CCW. I’m wondering if somebody got the same issue and what could be the options.
By the way I’m running the unit with a 500 series so I add the psu part that convert the 16v to 24v.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back