NYC Area DIY Group

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't hear a confirmation that this get together was going to happen until after I committed to go the islander game with my wife. Grrrrrr. Sure would have liked to have there instead. I'll catch the next one.

Chris

Seems like everyone who's interested in these should PM their cellphone numbers to everyone else cuz that is a bit more effective for communicating once the meeting is set and locked in. 

sr. missed your post when you posted it. i have nothing newthe 2 g1176s im working on(and sometimesnot having time to  work on) are kicking my ass. but i will get them working. just need to get focuswd on them and make the time to do it. i wouldnt mind getting together again and hearing some other members projects though!  i cant host my studio is my bedroom  (for now).if your into it maybe post another feeler for a meet. buildafriend  ,all arewelcome. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

OK then :)
If anyone is down for a meeting mid/end of Feb.  If someone wants to host toss it out there, otherwise.  Im on LI, middle of Nassau County (4 blocks from the train station if anyone wants to come using LIRR).  I have enough room here to have 7-10 people, more if we spread out into the other room in the studio. 

Hi Anthony,

Maybe the end of feb? I'm getting a 550a eq kit in the next week or 2. That could be fun to check out. Also still need to fix that lack of HF on my g-pultec.

Hope all is well!

Ps lets get together again regardless.

Chris

Actually first week in mar is really good for me.  I should be done w some bands i have coming in. .

Hopefully ill be done w my version of the royer 2001 mod by then. Possibly a whistle rock pair of 312s. If i get my trafos before then.

Chris, def man!  Gimme a shout next week

Mullet, buildafriend, any other NYers down for 1st week in mar?

I'm totally down to meet in march. I have a few DIY projects that I can show you guys. I have an SB4000, some hairball rev Fs, and 4 access 312s. Hopefully I'll have my Peter Purpose LA-3 kits in 500 format by then. Oh and I might have my NYD 1 bottles done by the meet date too! You're going to have to excuse my wiring on the SB4000 haha.

If were doing it at my place i have 2 of the 4000s. And its ok we dont have to look under the hoid if ya dont want us to. Lol.  I have the sa-3a done and may have a royer mod 2001 done and a pair of whistle rock 312s.

I am so happy I got them too! now I have to get through the build!  ;)

I am building as much as I possibly can so that I can build a studio in a loft building soon. I would be really happy to have some friends around here that I could call for advice. None of my friends understand this addiction. They think I'm nuts!!

nah, i'm tryin' to build everything in stereo pairs now.    which means I need to still build singles of the VP26, VP312, and VP528 to complete the pairs for those guys.  Those are on the queue for this year, along with the LAZ LA3A and 525. 

i'll send you a PM, tho.

Back