OPA1612 as microphone pramplifier

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the updated schematic, the gain of the first OpAmp stage can be extremely high, with a feedback resistor of 1 M.ohm. (Depending on the drain impedance of the FET.)
The termination of the microphone capsule is low, with a resistor of 1 M.ohm.
I would think about a value of for example 100 M.ohm.

@abbey road d enfer
I thought I could use DC-DC converter to isolate PC's supply noise and buzz.
I believe cleaning a power rail can be done without resorting to a DC/DC converter.
To everyone: I had to leave C1=50pF, when I increase it into 1n I got more input noise:
OPA1612 is a bipolar opamp, it is not optimized for such high resistance. Ideally R1 should be about 5-20 kohms.

+1 for increasing R0 to much larger. Typically 1Gohm is found here.

Thank you for reminding about R1.

Am I right, that I could leave second stage like this?

2stage.png

Nothing wrong gonna happen when P1 = 0 ohm.
I would connect C2 straight into 3.5mm jack and short R and L chanel. I did it before and had no issues. After searching web I'm taking into consideration to use two 10k resistors. Important info - Rinput is just model of my sound card input impedance.

Am I right, that I could leave second stage like this?
More or less.
View attachment 138996

Nothing wrong gonna happen when P1 = 0 ohm.
Except that the output of the opamp is loaded by 440 ohms, which may impair headroom and increase distortion.
I would connect C2 straight into 3.5mm jack and short R and L chanel. I did it before and had no issues.
It would work.

After searching web I'm taking into consideration to use two 10k resistors.
It would also work, with little less headroom.

Back