Passive EQ + GSSL. Great 2-buss insert!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the first 33n stays in the cuirut and the second then would go together with the first in parallel to make the 18K cut. Maybe?

Also, the transformer looks like a 2:1 transformer, is this correct? Would any 2:1 input transformer work?

It's a limited version of the eq - but yes, this works without the inductors (whoe's purpose is bandpass filtering, which is excluded from this circuit)

Jakob E.

Hi, I know its an old topic but i hope someone can help me.

I built this EQ a few days a ago and overall it works fine but the low cut didn't work. I studied the schematic and I removed one of the 10K resistor connection at the output. (near 220n capacitor). Now it seems to work great. (I attached a picture)

Now my question: Is this a mistake in this schematic or is there a second fault on my circuit?

Attachments

• Pultec Problem.jpg
    Pultec Problem.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 32
The connection between the 68nF cap in the low cut circuit and the 10k resistor below is basically shorting the complete cut section. So the drawing is wrong.
On top of that I´d recommend to increase the output cap at least to 1uF. If you´d plug that passive circuit into an unbalanced 10k line amp then the 220nF output cap would set the lower -3dB frequency to 70Hz. That´s not good for a Pultec and would be even worse if you´d plug it into a micpre as a gainmakeup stage. 220nF is ok if it´s followed by a high impedance gain stage, e.g. a tube amp or a FET input opamp.

Latest posts

Back